TVS iQube

This launching pan-India?

Not available in Bangalore.

Everything now depends on how the 450x will be.:crossed_fingers:

Doesn’t seems so. They only mention the mode of refund based on when you cancel.

1 Like

I am going for a test drive tomorrow…let me know if anyone wants to clear any doubt about iQube.:upside_down_face:

Can you fit a full face helmet in it? Also check the gradability of it is there is a decent slope near the showroom. Thanks in advance

No.

10 degrees. In comparison, the 450 does 15 degrees.

Ahh

Now considering value for money iCube may be better choice than 450X

I am leaning more towards Bajaj as I am not a fan of hub motors, gives the Chinese look…plus Bajaj has more range which will be helpful in Bangalore. Bajaj also has a front glove box which I find very useful as I don’t have to get down every time for small things…

1 Like

Yes considering that order of value for money ev can be

1. Chetak 2)450 3)iCube 4) 450X …
1 Like

No only 1k you will get

Kindly clarify where the motor of Chetak is mounted. I thought its on the hub.

I am also not sure, but from images it’s definitely not hub mounted when compared to iQube. Chetak has a alloy rim where as iQube has this thick block…

chetak has a mid mount with single speed transmission similar to the ones in cars AFAIK

that is why it has a neutral indicator. The vehicle doesn’t move until you put it in gear with the button.

1 Like

Could there be a belt drive finally between the motor and the wheel?

you can see the belt in the image, but the reduction is quite low (the size of the belt hub in the back is small). The reduction is probably done in the transmission and the wheel drive is through belt or chain like in geared bikes. it is actually pretty good.

Sorry for putting this in the iqube thread, just answering.

4 Likes

I have ridden Chetak…I must say it is super silent

what abt Revolt 400 ?

Revolt is bike, I considered scooter type only in this. If all considered it can be among top position

Went for a test drive (with TVS guy sitting behind):

Pros:

1. Proper size scooter, just like Jupiter
  2. No sound whatsoever. Turn Indicator has sound.
  3. Display is crisp and easy to read in sun
  4. Very comfortable
  5. Instant pickup on turning the throttle completely.
  6. Can climb smooth slopes easily with two people.

Cons:

1. Under seat space is very less. Cannot fit full helmet.
  2. Might be heavy for some.
  3. I felt lag while turning the throttle and vehicle responding from still. Its only when I turn the throttle completely the scooter responds instantly. I feel there are two levels, if you lightly throttle vs full throttle.
  4. Not powerful enough to get out of big humps. I tried to shift from road to footpath (sudden incline), at still, but was unable to do so.
  5. Horn is more like a car horn. Not pleasant.

Overall a very good EV. I can recommend it for Bangalore traffic.

5 Likes