Translucent body panels

Please do your R and D before buying the light. I bought the Decathlon light but haven’t been able to find a solution to make the things work. Service team also worked on this but couldn’t find any feasible solution. Led strip option is better.

2 Likes

What’s the update on this? @abhishek.balaji … Has the installation started or are there delays?

1 Like

My customisation

8 Likes

The question is HOW? I think it will be really nice if you guys can share a DIY Tutorial.

4 Likes

XERGY USB 5V 5050 RGB LED Flexible Strip Light Multi-Color Changing Lighting Kit, TV Background Lighting with Mini Controller for TV PC Laptop Bias Lighting (1 Meter for TV’s Upto 28") https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0722N9K1R/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NSKZP83WJEG1ZQZKFJT4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Connect with power bank in boot. Routing via rubber storage cubby hole.

4 Likes

Finally installed the LED strip. Didn’t get the desired kick but somewhat better than the previous time. Huge huge shoutout to Yash and Rahul from Ather Indore. Though this not being a typical Ather related job, they helped me a lot. Indore EC staff is really nice.

26 Likes

Looks gorgeous…! :heart:

3 Likes

This look gorgeous :heart_eyes:. Happy to see amazing outcome :+1:

4 Likes

Any update on this @abhishek.balaji ?

2 Likes

Many owners have got it done. Do check with your local EC.

Me too. Never got a call or mail regarding this. No information on TPMS and performance tyres as well

2 Likes

Please get in touch with CS/ local EC for the panels. You could expect an update on TPMS this/next month. Performance tyres is still an unknown forte.

1 Like

can you share few more close up pics

1 Like

Probably a repeated query. Please excuse. What would be the effect on the battery I understand that LEDs consume minimal power. How about the effect on the vehicle’s electrical circuit in the event of LED malfunction.

1 Like

While I love the look, I am worried that we will end up seeing our beloved Ather 450x burning up on the road side because people like pretty lights. If there is a safe way to do it, Ather should have their dealers provide these as accessories.

1 Like

Hi. No problem for the question. I haven’t connected the lights to the scooter’s electronics. I use a power bank.

This would be completely safe as I haven’t messed with the scooter’s electricals. And have got it done via the EC staff

4 Likes

Can you share some more pics?

Did you have any issues regarding warranty void coz I have been informed by Ather pune service center that warranty will be void and we don’t install here even though it was a cell operated 3v led wire

Nope. And I didn’t mess up with the scooter’s electronics. I just taped it and used a power bank.

Even I have one 5v aa batery operated but the service center staff are warning against it as it will void warranty even it’s external power

3 Likes