Translucent body panels

Strange. Didn’t happen with me.

Hi @melvin.wilson, tagging you since I saw your name in one of the recent post. I took delivery 2 days back at Ather Guindy, Chennai. My issue is, I noticed a panel gap at rear and the sales guy told its only with the gen 3 models and nothing to worry. However, I’m not convinced that Ather can do such a mistake.

Add images

3 Likes

sadly, this is common now.

very rare to see a Gen3 without these panel gaps at the back. even the service center is not interested in fixing this or reseating it properly.

1 Like

More like manufacturing defect, those panels can’t go in any furthermore. or the size of the boot cannot increase, sad to see they are alllowing it to happen.

4 Likes

It has been like this since the 1st Gen :slight_smile:. Just read through the official Team-BHP review of the Ather 450. They have a dedicated photo of this panel gap to discuss on the lack of QC.

5 Likes

Yeh, just realised I had this reported in my Series 1 too, and now my Gen 3.1 is the same. Too bad they didn’t fix that panel gap.

3 Likes

We say panel gap they say it’s a feature :rofl:

6 Likes

This is for all the members who have got the translucent panel installed on their 450x. How are the panels holding up after a year of use?

Quite well. Doesn’t have the expected translucency (if that’s a word) as discussed but pretty well

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. So after over a year of usage, they seem to have held up pretty well. Also, are these panels compatible with Gen 2/ 3?

1 Like

Gen 2 for sure. Will have to check for Gen 3.

1 Like

Don’t think Translucent panels are available anymore, as they were meant for series one owners only.

3 Likes

Over a period of 2.3 years of ownership of Series 1, the panels are still doing well, also considering I take very good care of my scooter in general, cleaning and maintaining. I always wondered if anything happened to these panels, will we get replacements for the same? That’s one thing to figure out.

2 Likes

It is good to hear the panels are holding up after almost 26 months. I am hoping to get such upgrade options for the Gen 2/ 3 owners in the near future.

3 Likes

No, I had asked. If something happens to them you’ll only get black panels.

2 Likes

So they want to make it super exclusive. I dunno if there are any other OEM’s who have provided such panels for any two wheeler out there. Maybe, the ones with special panel might demand a higher resale price in the future provided they last couple of more years.

From what I know, no 2W company has ever done a translucent panel, one of the reason I was in love the moment it was announced. The Series 1 was a limited edition drop, and the panels were exclusive to Series 1 only. Unless they plan to drop another limited edition :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll hold on to my Series 1 as long as I can, love having a Collector’s Edition :smiley:

2 Likes

I spoke to the service manager when getting the panels about replacement. He said it would be available.

1 Like

In case a Series 1 owner has not collected the panels and sells the vehicle, can the new owner do it?

2 Likes