Translucent body panels

Got my translucent panels changed today…I wish ather had chasis painted in RED just as metal piece near seat cover & shock absorber… it would look great with translucent panels installed…

4 Likes

Any updates? (:

3 Likes

No update on translucent panels?

1 Like

Installation has begun in cities. You should get a call depending upon the number of Series 1 on your city and the stock of panels. It might take two months for the entire process to be done.Get in touch with CS to know the exact timelines. Internal updates - Ather 450X & 450 Plus - #97 by abhishek.balaji

Translucent panels+ General Experience

Finally got a call from Ather Indore for the installation of the panels on Saturday. Due to my unavailability and mainly the lights installation being a doubt, decided to go ahead and install it on Monday. Got the lights from Decathlon on Saturday because I was finding the LED thing a bit complex for me and needed to buy a powerbank also. I went to Ather Space on Monday around 3:30 and they were ready to accept the scooter but said it will take a couple of hours atleast because a couple of Scooters were there for delivery.( 108 till yesterday, outstation too). I went again there yesterday at 12:00 but the service team wasn’t there and an approx timeline was given of 3:30-4:00 for the task being completed. I left my scooter at the EC and got myself dropped to my cousin’s place since coming back from my home to EC was a pain ( they were willing to drop me there too). I waited for the call from Service team since I was to see how to get the lights fitted too. I called the guy who I dropped me who didn’t answer my call and then the manager( assured me a call back when the team would reach) but since there was no update, decided to walk down to the EC. My scooter had been taken in but no work was started since a scooter to be shipped outside was WIP. After some time, the work finally started. I was there throughout the task, understanding the stuff and getting some of my queries answered by the service manager and the service guy. They even tried to understand the DIY light arrangements and put in efforts to help me get it done but we ran out of luck :frowning: But will surely keep it at it. In between they also installed a number plate on another owner’s scooter. I was also asked for coffee when I was there but refused since I had lunch only some time back. Later I took tea with the service team and continued to talk about the scooter and understanding different stuff. The guy who was handling the panel installation also spoke highly of @tarun . I also met Mohit and KU ( I guess it was him because the others with them were referring to him when they were talking amongst themselves). It was nice to chat with them too about Ather, took my feedback, any suggestions( I could not think of any then but later thought of CS being one :sweat_smile:) or something, latest advertisements etc etc. KU was busy someplace else but later came and met me. I didn’t give them any technical issue or something since they work on the brand side of Ather. I told them about the issue I was facing and then how I had taken it up with Abhishek and Chaitanya, he told that I’m already in touch with the right people so need not worry. :joy: I also spoke about the forum, how @abhishek.balaji knows and interacts with me etc. They told they all work Together with Abhishek. Could expect a possible discussion when they all meet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:. The work was finally done and I left the EC at 5:30 PM. It was a long day but it was good. The team I met and staff at the EC are super super nice people. Almost everyone recognises me now. :sweat_smile::sunglasses: The translucent panels do look absolutely amazing but just what I think it could have been more Translucent since its a bit difficult to notice and depends on the lightning conditions a lot. Or the panels could have been less reflective. Trying to take photos was a task. I’ll attach whatever I could manage. But need to put the real skills to work.

5 Likes

@tanishqkhare - so you did NOT set up led in the translucent panels?

Nope. Not yet. Need to figure out how to without removing anything or something. I tried removing the cubby hole yesterday and placing the light, it looked good but difficult to remove again. And can’t fix the cubby hold back properly. Thank god I didn’t take a bigger gamble at anything else. As you all could see, I’m pretty bad. :sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

Managed these last night. Had another idea too but didn’t work out.

15 Likes

Wowwww… looks terrific. Me wants the panel now… :heart::heart:

2 Likes

From where you get power? Is there any power output port available for accessories.? And also link the light model you are using . It’s really looks great.

2 Likes

Looks hot bro. You removed the storage box right? Please do share a DIY tutorial or details including the materials used.

It’s way easier than it seems. I simply took out left side cubby hole and arranged a Decathlon light in a position it would reflect light on the frame. Then I closed the cubby hole. All of this was only done for the photograph. Now I’m yet to put the cubby hole back in place because of lack of tech/creative, skills. :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

I purchased these LED strip light from Amazon and it has a output to connect with powerbank which i have kept in the cubby hole. Plus point is LED strip light comes with remote :wink:

2 Likes

Can you share the Amazon link

Check ur DM

3 Likes

Got a call for the panels. Will get them this Friday. I am still thinking if those are a good idea. With every new thing, comes new issues. Anxiety attack…! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You will still get to keep the opaque panels. Anything goes wrong, switch!

3 Likes

How long has it been since you got your scooter bruv?

2 Likes

I received the call for translucent panels, so Could somebody please send me the link to buy decathlon lights

1 Like
3 Likes