Translucent body panels

But I am confused now! Isn’t the painted one looking better? But it is indeed a novelty

1 Like

are the old panels still is gonna be with us ?

1 Like

Yes it’s gonna be with us

1 Like

I just got hands on my scooter yesterday. I’ll be honest the translucent panels is not what I expected it to be. Unless you’re told that this scooter has translucent panels installed you’ll hardly notice :neutral_face: And it is nearly impossible to get a photo which will advocate the transparency.

1 Like

But I’m loving it :heart_eyes: It is not as weirder as I thought it would be. Did team tried self luminous paint for the frame along with translucent panels? @abhishek.balaji @tarun

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @tarun got my translucent panels today & it was fitted at my place. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Self luminous paint requires sunlight to recharge. With panels in the way blocking most of the light, it would be even more of a pointless idea than these panels.

That’s because unlike the RH side that has a clean skeleton to show, the LH side has an unsightly wiring harness that cannot be tucked away, and that was clearly forgotten about when this joke of an idea was being brainstormed. So an almost opaque panel is how they achieved translucency while avoiding being laughed at.

Come to think about it, these panels are very appropriate metaphors for the company as a whole.

3 Likes

Got mine, looks good! It’s very reflective, so hard to get a proper picture.image|666x500

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji can a 450 owner buy a translucent panel sets? I wanted to do a DIY LED lighting on the sides

1 Like

Not exactly, since they will be only installing for S1 owners. But not to hard to get them as well from any 450x S1 owner who aren’t interested in the panels! Be wise and walk away from any deal which involves large amt. of money in exchange of the panels IMO.

1 Like

Gonna stay away from anyone asking money for something that they received for free, I asked this since they had a previous discussion that they would sell this if there is a demand

4 Likes

This being limited edition - I remember this S1 won’t be made again.

And rightly, it should stay that way. Otherwise the collector edition and pre-orders won’t have a meaning.

There might be some other series which they may come up.

They got it for free. But, If it’s being sold at reasonable cost, that’s okay I feel.

2 Likes

There’s been a long time, but, I haven’t received any mail/update regarding the installation of translucent panels for my 450X (also called EC) @abhishek.balaji Can you please check and provide an approximate date of installation here in Ahmedabad?

1 Like

An update on the panels. The manufacturer of the panels had to shut down operations due to lockdown. Finding the right provider with getting quality colour setting right and durability took time. They’ve started but it’ll be slow. Hence their was delay in updates and the process is slow. @Indore would be still a few days and five sets would be coming in the first lot.

2 Likes

Update - got a call from ather to install the panels at my doorstep. So finally, tomorrow they shall get installed.

Chassis # xxx421 S1 So you can guess, when your chance “may” come.

2 Likes

How come your vehicle is bought after my vehicle right…?

1 Like

Not sure @kumar.uppaluri2, maybe order is being followed specifically or maybe area wise?

1 Like

Hi, got a call from cc that vehicle will be taken to service station to get the panel exchanged on Sunday, but heard in forum that they replace at doorstep, but why are they not replacing at door step is my concern…

(post deleted by author)

Most likely because they have limited service staff and they can get more vehicles done at the service center than making their service staff drive around the city to each customers residence.

3 Likes