Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

:+1: :ok_hand:my query is how much charge is too low to try this out without getting stalled somewhere :pray:?

Depends on how far from the next charging point is. Yes, the dashboard stats are put in the lower side than what can be achieved.

2 Likes

Hey guys I have a question. Is there any way to measure battery health? Because I rode 6.7 kms today and the battery consumption was 10%(from 49% to 39%) and I had efficiency of 33.2 wh/km. So I consumed 33.2×6.7=222.44 watt of energy. (Keep this aside for a moment) Now, ather 450x has a useable battery capacity of 2600 watts (excluding buffer the actual capacity is 2900 watt hour)10% of it = 260 watts . So if we consider 222.44 watts as 10% then the total battery capacity would be just 2224.4 watts which is approximately 85% of what should actually be. Now considering the fact tat I only have 250kms on odo meter and my vehicle is only one month old should I worry about the battery??

1 Like

I would vouch for a calibration error. Li batts are tricky on this scope. If this issue persists even after a few more months of good riding, well this will be a battery issue.

1 Like

I think calculating depending on the percentage is difficult. Because, 10% from 100% SoC to 90% SoC will have only 5kms@31wh/kms. The usage varies depending on soc. It will be steady when it’s between 50 to 80% soc

3 Likes

Hi Saranya,

How do you ride,

Do you set the mode to sports and take it from there ?

I switch modes while riding at the average speeds I do like changing gears on a bike.

I read your article but it wasn’t mentioned whether you switch modes while riding or start from a set mode.

Regards Rounak

1 Like

Yep that’s exactly what I do. Happy flight!

1 Like

If it’s not too much to ask, could you share a screenshot of your ride when you share the ride ?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, right now not getting to ride the bike because of WFH and lockdown, will share when I do.

1 Like

@saranyam.13891 @Suraj_madhu

Dear @abhishek.balaji

There is a confusion from the above Ather owner user’s experience.

So please do comment on this to give a better understanding for the users and suggest a recommendable method.

Here’s the link to the blog created from the user experience of an Ather owner @saranyam.13891

Look into the suraj’s view on the same from the screenshot.

2 Likes

What is the confusion? Saranya has chronicled her experience and backed it with numbers from her rides.

Every rider has their own style and the overall range/efficiency will definitely differ.

3 Likes

Look into the screenshot now

1 Like

It’s a simple thing. Keep the Efficiency around 25-28 Wh/Km in any mode and you will get 95+km range. I have been trying this on Sports and Rider mode and I am getting 95-100km range easily. In Eco mode it was showing 107 km one say.

1 Like

I have 450+ 2 months old what is the range in eco mode ride mode sports mode

1 Like

Hey what range are u getting on ur 450+?

My 1 month ride Ather 450+

Ride 60 sports 50 eco 70 there are lot of dashboard issues on 450+

2 Likes

Nothing more than that?

1 Like

I believe range is irrelevant.

There are multiple things to consider.

1. If you buy a splendor then you may think of milage. But if you are buying Harly then why should you bother about range? Enjoy the ride !!

2. If you are living in a remote area and fuel station is far from you, then range matters. But if you are living in city where there are multiple file stations then worrying about rage is pointless. The same goes for Ather as its the only company who is having charging infra.

3. As battery technology is developing rapidly very soon in our lifetime we will see 5 min charging in India. As Tesla is doing it in its Supercharger network. You can already see it in Mobiles 4500Mah battery full charge in 5 Min.

At the end Everyone who bought Ather and paid a premium can easily opt for any other brand with less price. But end of the day they have to come home to charge it.

5 Likes

To be frank, am least bothered about range as I use it for short trips only. I always use my scooter in sports or warp mode. My moto is forget range and enjoy the ride……

6 Likes