Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Which means… projected range shown in dash is based on dashboard wh/km… if the app range is accurate then we will get more than projected dash range?

2 Likes

hey people, i had recently made a video on how you can keep your Athers running smooth and long lasting. hope this video makes sense to you https://youtu.be/M9OYYYQ9tIQ

5 Likes

Does this apply for the 450 plus

2 Likes

DashBoard range is the current range that is predicted on the go, while the range shown in App is somewhat achievable. In the forum, you can find many people who have achieved more than both app and dashboard predicted ranges

2 Likes

So many doubts due to Early range anxiety :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi what does this mean? In 450 series, use the regen - twist the throttle in the reverse direction of acceleration- and you will feel the motor “braking”… if it’s too steep and you feel the regen isn’t slowing you down sufficiently then use the brakes.

1 Like

Try lower pickup ( slow linear acceleration) mode with its max speed cut off (like 80-90% speed usage in max limit). For me, there is a bigger difference in sport and warp mode for riding power consumption. Above pics are my best efficient power consumption from my first ride to till now. I’ll say sport is the very best super efficient riding mode for every situation, time, age, style and distance. Simply Sports mode is eco mode with even lesser power consumption added with more max speed limit. If smooth slow throttle is applied than it acts like luxury comfort car and when sudden quick throttle is applied, it feels like super sport car. My favourite and regular Usage mode is warp(ludicrous mode(even plaid+):heart_eyes:tesla fan). Now I love sports mode for its lower power consumption with performance. A very very great applause for making this kind of tech to ather team. @abhishek.balaji @tarun

6 Likes

Hey, So the Regen is first of all activated automatically under 85 or 80 percent SOC, so you can use the throttle to your advantage and can slow down the scooter by twisting it in the opposite direction. if you are on a downhill/slope, Do not depend on the regen to get the scooter to slow down as it is not as powerful as the Disc brakes of course. Regen braking can be used on flatter/leveled roads at decent levels of speeds to slow down which may avoid sudden braking situations.

2 Likes

Interesting. From the past 3 months, I’ve run the scooter for 3000kms at 1000kms per month. But mostly I’ve used Eco and Ride mode only. Everyday on an average, I ride it for 35-40kms. If I charge it once, it lasts for 2 days. That’s why I don’t charge it fully. Maximum, I stop it at 85%-90%. Minimum I’ve made a habit of 20%. One experienced person told me that atleast once a month if the battery is fully charged and fully discharged, it’ll last long.

3 Likes

Nice suggestion, will try that, till now driving more in eco and ride modes and getting a range between 83 to 85…

Will check the real time too and compare it with dashboard…

Will surely try your tips and try to get few more km of range… Currently getting 83 to 85 range while driving mostly in eco and ride…

3 Likes

My Learning: The more gentle we are in accelerating and ability to coast, the better efficiency we would get.

Obviously - speed humps, pot holes, rider weight, pillion / luggage weight, tyre pressure, road inclination - all matters. Among all, ride mode matters the least.

@rajeshkav has proved time and again that he can get 100+ range in any mode.

But, on inclined roads, you may get worser efficiency in Eco mode as your chance to coast thru momentum is poor.

2 Likes

I wish a rebalancing transmission system that cancels all the inefficient factors :sunglasses: :crossed_fingers::grin::wink::checkered_flag:

3 Likes

Great Information thanks I will start my Ather journey tomorrow …well sports mode as advised (50km/hr-60km/he)is the one I will start of with and will keep you all posted … interesting point maybe that I am on heavier side 97kg approx let’s see how that works out :slightly_smiling_face::pray:

3 Likes

Hi Saranya,

Absolutely right, all the factors matter. The Throttle we rise in each mode, the tyre pressure, presence of pillion etc.

I have experienced the same with my 450x, I was able to get better range in Higher modes. I was able to get best efficiency in Warp mode compared to Sport, Ride and Eco modes :grinning:

That’s because, I think, once you accelerate in warp mode, the bike can go for a maximum distance until you next need to accelerate.

2 Likes

Hi,

I had taken the flight for 70+ km ride in the City negotiating lots of spread breakers, umpteen start and stopb situation consistently all through the journey with moderate traffic conditions.

Have been trying out the sports mode for last couple of rides to understand the right acceleration and drive characteristics. With enough kms under the belt in training mode :hugs:. Decided to use the sport mode to do the job. Did not take the portable charger along as I was confident of completing the distance with juice still left in battery on completing the distance. I was thrilled to see that I still had 20% battery left after reaching my destination.

While keeping my efficiency numbers under 30 wh/km did the job beautifully. Will try to attach the screen shots for everyone’s benefit.

10 Likes

hi i am using an ather 450 done 20k km

now the maximum range as per log is only 65 on eco, the range has reduced

could you check the reason for lower ange

1 Like

Hi sir, are you travelling with a pillion or single rider?

Does the Ride Log consider the Battery health to predict the range now?

Or, is it still based on what efficiently the particular rider got in Eco mode?

Nope

I think it’s not just eco mode. It’s just average riding efficiency.
This health thing is not very well explained. Because somehow now all us 450 owners get to see 99,89,79,69…% on the dash plus no sudden shutting down at <10% and yet staying at 12% Actual SOC when indicated 0% so idk if they eat into the buffer as we degrade so we won’t really see any degradation for a couple of years or they retain the buffer. @abhishek.balaji should give us some insight on the degrdation and how the BMS is designed to deal with it.
I did notice one thing, the SOC at <20% drops really really fast. Even when you’re in ECO mode. It drops so fast! Idk if this is a new thing post update or it’s always been that way. Or maybe this is the BMS finding a way to deal with degradation.

2 Likes

Hi,

It was all okay until the new software update. I was maintaining a good efficiency for all my rides. But after the recent update of “Ather Atom”. I’m unable to maintain a good efficiency. All my rides, it crosses more than 34kw/h at a speed of 20-30Km/h in eco mode, without pillion, maintaining proper tyre pressure.

Anyone facing the issue please help me out with a fix. Or let me know if it is a normal’ thing.

2 Likes