Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

I own a 450x and just tried the suggestions shared and in Ride mode i got good output as mentioned…it really works… However with optimised charging feature (set to 80%) available in 450x not sure on other variants then im sure we can expect 80 on 80…will try this again upon full charge and update… However yet to understand if shutting down every evening on new 450x is OK or does it still has issues…as yesterday evening when i turned off it was at 50…however today morning when i turned on it shows 40…which means every night we lose close to 10% of charge…

2 Likes

Also would love to know if shutting down everyday is a good option or no…i use new gen 450x…as it may help save battery charge

3 Likes

The scenario was true but the explanation was wrong.

4 Likes

Achieved this with a single rider in Sports mode.

7 Likes

Almost an hour for just 16 kms… Mann… It an Ather… :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you so much I use ride mode and follow your tips and yes great worked.

Add images

1 Like

I have been getting really high W/hr since the last few rides.

The range has been dropping like really bad.

Do you guys think I should be concerned?

It’s usually 50+ always, no matter which mode I ride in and today it went more than 90.

3 Likes

are u sure you have not been riding aggressively?

if not, it could be an issue with the scooter

3 Likes

I have been riding the same way I used to and along the same route. Absolutely no change at all.

4 Likes

Tyre pressure? Belt tension?

2 Likes

That was just on one ride which ended in 1 km. Don’t look at super low distance rides as a benchmark to gauge your power consumption figures. Look at the higher distance rides as the battery consumption figures are based on average power consumption over longer periods of time.

4 Likes

I had observed this on my scooter some days ago as well. But it lasted only for a couple of days and the efficiency number normalised again. Not sure what the issue was. I’ve barely ridden my bike for 3000kms and I always ride it gently.

1 Like

5 Likes

Bro constant accelerating and using regeneration whenever possible and important thing is ride in sports or warp…don’t use eco and ride at all…!

1 Like

I tested Eco mode today, having driven in Sport mode for as long as I can recall. The efficiency readings in Eco mode are whack. Despite maintaining linear acceleration, I consistently get readings above 45, but the battery continues to drain slowly, just like in Sport mode, at a rate of 1% per kilometer or for every 1.2 kilometers.

4 Likes

Actual range of Ather 450 or 450x is 60-65 only …they are cheating customers by saying 105-135 range …I bought 2 ev vehicle one Ather and one okaya …Ather is giving 60km range on full charge on eco mode and okaya is giving 120 on ride mode

1 Like

It depends on how you ride. I can get 50 kms of range out of my 450X or 140 kms. If you could attach any of your ride stats maybe we could help get you better range. Also don’t use Eco or Smart Eco, use Sport mode instead and keep constant throttle as much as possible.

If you need help just ask instead of posting out of frustration. This is a community and we are here to help as much as possible.

10 Likes

10 percentage is huge. My vehicle loses approx 4 percentage overnight when the battery is below 50% and 2 percentage when the battery is above 50%. Better to get your vehicle checked.

And I follow the practice of shutting down the vehicle if i know that I won’t use it for more than 24 hours (like on Friday evening I’ll shut it down and boot it again on Monday for my ofce)

3 Likes

Hi, recently purchased 450X and have ridden for 4000 kms. 100+ range is possible only in eco or ride, with a Max top speed of 45.

You need a lot of patience to do that.

1 Like

How much time you take to reach your destination