Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Smart Eco and Ride modes were underwhelming on my Gen3. I started riding in Sports that helped me regularly achieve 25-28 Wh/km and off late, I have started riding only on Warp that gives me similar efficiency and at times, under 25 Wh/km

5 Likes

Any idea why Predicted Range dropped from 105km to 91km ?? Couple of days ago I was able to see 105 and now its 91 for eco and range reduced for each of the other modes too

5 Likes

Predicted range in app is based on the recent ride statistics and it may vary.

Few days back it may be 105 but after your recent rides the predict range reduced as you may have recently being an aggressive rider and not riding effectively.

This is just indicative and not effecting the true range of the vehicle. True range still be same.

1 Like

@saranyam.13891 - are you aware of the tyre pressure values for 450plus Gen3.1 ??

3 Likes

Front 30 Back 32

1 Like

This actually works very well, in fact, in some cases of my personal usage, it has surpassed more than indicated range.

3 Likes

Interesting Thread. Spent my entire morning reading this chronologically :). I got my new Ather 450X 3 gen about 20 days ago. I love the performance. Quest for better range brought me to this thread. Trying things out now in Sports mode with all the tips on efficient riding style.

However, one question: What tyre pressures do owners of Ather 450X 3rd gen maintain to get good efficiency? And at what threshold do you inflate the tyres again?

6 Likes

Barely a month old Ather 450x TR. The efficiency numbers are whack. Even with the slightest throttle where the power doesn’t even exceed the first stage in the wings my efficiency is always above 40-45. Sharing a screenshot of the small ride I did.

2 Likes

Try it in sport mode, I switch to sport while uphill and down hill on eco

4 Likes

2 Likes

This is very common…As you start to accelerate from 0kmph,more power is delivered from the battery to provide an initial torque to the vehicle to move and hence it shows a high efficiency,if you do the same ride for about a small stretch of 3-5kms then you can see the numbers go down…

2 Likes

Thank you. But I am still unable to achieve something close to 30. Even when I accelerate as smooth as possible and as gentle as possible it still keeps giving me Efficiency numbers above 35.

2 Likes

Raise this with CC. Check if the belt tension is correct - I had my belt retensioned and saw an improvement in efficiency.

1 Like

Adding my first ever longest ride on my Ather 450x Gen 3. I was able to cover 135 kms distance in 266 minutes in Ride mode with 2 kms remaining battery.

8 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed about Ather 450X is that the range can vary quite a bit depending on how I ride and what settings I use. Here are a few tips that I’ve found help me get the most out of my Ather 450X:

I always make sure to start with a full charge before heading out. It’s amazing how much difference this can make. and try to keep my speed consistent and avoid sudden accelerations or hard braking. This not only helps conserve energy, but also makes for a smoother and more enjoyable ride. I use the Eco mode as much as possible. It limits the top speed and acceleration, but I’ve found that I can still easily keep up with traffic while using it. Plus, it can add quite a bit to the range.

1 Like

Sports/ Warp Mode will give you the best possible range with good throttle control

4 Likes

Use sports or warp in same speed

3 Likes

I have bought 450x. Is it safe to shutdowni the vehicle on daily basis?

1 Like

yes its safe, dont worry

2 Likes

Sorry for long post. For others who don’t want to read full, a 3 line summary:

• I tested my 46 month old Gen-1 by riding 85.3 km with 4% charge left.
  • The range prediction below 30% is not reliable.
  • Forced Eco mode < 18% will penalise you.

Now, for others who have patience: Today, I had a need to drive 81 kms on a single charge. Two years back, I would have done that with more confidence.

But, on an almost 4 years old Gen 1, I wasn’t sure of battery health. From 100-50, I am confident of getting 40+ kms range with efficient driving. But, I am always skeptical about range prediction below 30%.

After 60 kms I gave up the idea because of range anxiety and rural roads where I could hardly see any home / shop, leave alone place for charging. So, I asked the person to come and handover at that point.

Now that, I already finished the job, I thought this is right time for me to test how much range I get in full battery. So, I continued the ride until 23% charge and started returning.

I covered 70 kms with 23% charge left. Now, I had to cover 11 kms in remaining 23%. On paper, it is very much doable. But, 2 problems

• The charge drop is much faster below 30%.
  • At 18%, you will be forced to Eco mode, which will remove any chance of momentum in the up-hill or down-hill.

With a Luna like driving for final 5-6 kms, I had reached home completing 85.3 km with 4% charge left. If I had continued until 0%, I might have completed 87 km.

Summary: 80+ km range for a 4 year old vehicle is impressive. Compared to what I have achieved in my first 1-2 years, I think my battery health might be at 85-90% now.

13 Likes