Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Welcome to the community!

:+1:t2: everying is mess on hilltop riding :sweat_smile:

What about the wing status on the dashboard in stationary position? I have the smallest wing span in Ride mode, even smaller that of Eco mode. Long wing is seen in Warp mode.

While riding vehicle in hillsā€¦Accelerate the vehicle to a certain comfortable limit in the plains (say 50kmph) and without throttling just climb the hillā€¦Youā€™ll see that the speed goes downā€¦If the speed would be able to manage climbing the slope then you donā€™t need to accelerateā€¦If you think that the dropping speed wonā€™t be able to make it to the top of the slope then slowly rise your throttleā€¦After the slope, now the vehicle would come to a speed of 50kmph againā€¦Similarly repeat these steps aboveā€¦Avoiding unnecessary accelerating while climbing hills would give out the best efficiencyā€¦Probably my best efficiency in hill was 26 Wh/kmā€¦I took the vehicle 86% of charge and after riding 58kms with a pillion from my home I reached with 38% charge on top of the mountainā€¦This was the technique I followed during that rideā€¦

7 Likes

Thanks a lot! I will check the tips!!

What was the tyre pressure on Front and backā€¦

3 Likes

I find that the Sport mode gives better efficiency compared to other modes (ECO/RIDE) on the same path/road with almost no traffic.I drove more or less at the same speed (15-25KMPH). I donā€™t get when the other modes provide an advantage with respect to range as they are advertised with higher ranges.

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s true. Because of speed limit in Eco and Ride modes, getting closer to it takes more electrical resistance to limit the speed hence consuming more energy. Sports mode limit is 85-90km/h so going 45-50km/h will not consume as much energy as eco or ride mode in same speed.

1 Like

Looking into the colors of wing of SmartEco: color (same with that of Sports mode) changes from orange/amber to light blue(same with that of Ride mode); there more throtle is given, finally comes the green color similar to that of Eco mode color :blush:

3 Likes

For 20-25KMPH (Cruising & Stop-Go traffic), what would be the ideal mode? On what basis higher range is advertised for Eco mode? I think ECO/Ride mode is helpful only in Stop-Go traffic where energy spent to move is wasted.

1 Like

My Eureka moment :fire::fire:

Just followed most of the things mentioned in the group and boom!

This just normal Bangalore traffic driving on sports mode.

9 Likes

:fire: sharing owners experience each other here is always cool :fire:

7 Likes

Amazingly written. Although, I have a question. Is this still applicable with Gen 3 and the new updates like smart eco? Also, whatā€™s the best riding mode now for more range if this post isnā€™t applicable anymore. Is smart eco better than economy to get the best range? Also, can anyone explain how does smart economy mode work?

Smart eco aim is to keep efficiency below 30 Wh/km. The longer the ride, easier to manage. When you give throttle input, it dynamically calculates the power consumed and if the avg efficiency is below 30Wh/km. If the throttle input is high, smart eco reduces the power band available (shown by red and shorter wings of power).

And vice versa. When the ride is having very low efficiency (less than 30Wh/km) the wings of power will be longer. And more power will be available.

3 Likes

I usually ride scooter between 35 to 40

True that I have stopped riding in Eco Mode from past 3months. I have started using Ride Mode for daily commute and now m getting similar 110 range in ride mode too with better power and smooth acceleration.

I get like 26Wh/km on eco mode. Will try smart eco now.

2 Likes

Pls check your daily tyrepressure

So on smart eco I get like 30-32Wh/km and 26Wh/km on Eco mode. I think smart eco is designed to get you exact 105kms so it fluctuates bw ride, sport, warp and eco accordingly. Will try riding it in purely ride or sport mode and see the Wh/km

6 Likes

: Guys, I got the below in Smart Eco Mode .Should I go for Ride Mode or Sport Mode for More efficiency ?Please advise? BTW 600 up ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What I know is, you can achieve any range number in any mode. it purely depends on the riding style. The mode setting only limits the maximum amount of power youā€™re allowed to send to the motor.

6 Likes

These are Dream Numbers for ME @chaitanya.rsvnk ,Awesome Job man !!

1 Like