Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Good realistic test, including battery drop in idle. As you mentioned in video sports mode is best for increasing range.

4 Likes

This was the best explanation of range management on the entire internet, i wanna thank you so much for this

2 Likes

How is it possible for you to get 18w per km??? I can’t get below 35w !@@

2 Likes

Driving skills

As said the way you handle throttle have a major impact on the range , also there are few other factors you need to keep in mind ,like the elevation gain during the ride the total load on the bike , ie if you are riding solo or with pillion and other load also every individuals body weight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Main thing is bro that if you go out by fighting with your wife or gf than you will get less range and if you go happily than you will get more range main thing is this :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

This applies to all vehicles, but we do not notice this in ICE vehicles because the reason for rash ride is long forgotten by there is no daily visiting the gas station mostly. Moreover, no fancy ride stats that come in app a couple of minutes after each ride.

Also, the psychology might be opposite on some people. I usually take a slow and airy ride when stressed out and warp out when in a good mood.

4 Likes

Hey @saranyam.13891

I read your post today and thought I would try it out.

I wanted to share my thoughts.

But instead I decided to let the stats do the talking.

The screenshots are for the same starting and ending points bar a minor ‘cut’ taken.

Result :

Warp mode was faster, more efficient, less hassle (no mode switches) and you also have all the power available at the twist of your wrist.

4 Likes

this is Gen 3 450x right? also how are you getting 22wh/km at 40kmph you sure were’nt on a slope?

also am taking delivery in 2 weeks from thane to alibag (96kms with minor incline and decline) any tips at what speed I should ride and mode?

3 Likes

Average speed is what matters more than top speed. 22Wh/km is achievable with 20km/h avg speed. Gen 2 450X :

4 Likes

ohh my bad didnt notice it wasnt average speed

2 Likes

If you are on a very long ride, you can take a quick 90 kmph at some strategic point and get almost the same good efficiency by riding slowly. The sharable stats will then show top speed shows 90 kmph and a real good efficiency.

A good perception trick if you want to shock an unaware friend.

7 Likes

I see a bar on the very right corner when i smart eco mode. What does it mean ?? How does it work and help ??

1 Like

That bar increases and decreases according to the way you accelerate…If you give about more acceleratiom the bar will go down to the red side that means that you should avoid accelerating more and if you want to accelerate more you should switch to the other modes whereas on the other hand if the bar moves to the blue side it means that your ride is economical and your vehicle will give the true range of 105kms (as of Gen 3)

2 Likes

Accelerate mildly. Use regen whenever you need to slow down. Coast whenever possible. Should do the trick. I generally just leave mine on sport / warp mode and focus on a smooth and consistent riding style.

40 was the top speed. Avg was about 18-20kmph. You can get a projected range of about 110 even with an avg speed of 35-40kmph.

3 Likes

There is a sweet spot on the accelerator at any given speed. It neither slows down not make the noise of the belts straining to go faster, as a cue for where it is.

That is what…

…means

4 Likes

Coasting means to accelerate to a certain speed and loosen the throttle and let the vehicle keep moving forward without any throttle input.

It’s like riding a bike without using the pedals.

1 Like

Yes coasting helps when you have rolling terrain and with many ascent and descent , coast when you descent and when you see that you need to stop for sure in next 100 or 200 metres for a signal or turn etc

This did help me to improve my efficiency thanks @Samrat

And the above ride was not at all snail paced it was sane but quick enough not to get bored :relieved:

6 Likes

What about cruise control? Maintaining same throttle input, is it better then coasting? From the riding perspective, since coasting will increase my ride time, was wondering if having a constant throttle could be viable

3 Likes

When we will get cruise control

1 Like