Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Have u ever tried sports mode at 60 kmph speed and tested the range?

No such plans yet

4 Likes

For 60kmph itā€™s better to switch to warp, but Iā€™ll test both and let you know

Thank you so much, i really need to know this before making the decision of portable or dot. (If i can get 80km ish range with sports or warp, i will get the dot as i prefer it. If not I will go for the portable charger and charge it in college)

I would suggest you to go for portable , what if you want to go to your friends place to party after class :grinning: you can always charge the scooter at their home

1 Like

Ok jokes aside i didnā€™t think about that! Specially if i have an overnight plan!

Yup you never know ! So better go for a Portable charger, handy and lesser anxiety

Cruise control is mostly required on constant highway driving. I donā€™t think majority of the people are doing that on a daily basis. Cruise control on city roads is risky and not worth it.

2 Likes

Does it take up the entire boot space?

1 Like

Both portable charger and Dot charger can fit in the boot. But space for other things will be lesser for dot.

2 Likes

What is the cable length end to end for the portable charger? As i need to check if i can charge it at my college

1 Like

Hi didnt test a 60kmph but tried a century ride in sports mode with some steep ghat section

1 Like

Epic stuff, seems promising, would like to see the 60-80 kmph sports/warp mode test soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah need to find an apt route for that :smiley:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t have to be a constant 60-80, like a normal route that invovles highways etc. So its more practical as you will be decelerating and braking in Between.

2 Likes

Yes it does work. My new 450x 3rd gen performs better in sports mode, intial few days of riding the new Ather i used to select smart eco mode but then it was getting red , it was annoying. and i was feeling weird seeing red then after reading this post. I switched to Sports mode. Donā€™t even want rider mode. At the same time i was also trying to find right route to go to be office ā€¦ So switched to a out of the the city route and used the outside ring road to go to office, and roads are better although traffic is oviously thereā€¦ but itā€™s better than jammed roads inside City and roads have so many potholes after the monsoon in Dehradun. If we see we have too much traffic in all cities what to do. cars are not drivable, difficult to park. Change _ so now when driving i accelerate and then leave the throttle saheb i know the traffic ahead of a turn so i used less brakes ā€¦ and then let the regenerate breaking work so now i am going 13.8 kms in 10% sports mode. So thatā€™s great. I am easily doing more than 80 kms in 80%% chargeā€¦ Mind you bcoz all your driving is not same. If you drive on Highway i guess you can clock 140 in sports mode easily you just need to relearn to drive ā€¦ forger Activa driving EV is different ball game at together. So we just need to relearn to drive.

Itā€™s awesome to drive in sports mode i am never going to back to Eco mode. Thanks Ather!! Loving it

Thanks for the post !!

3 Likes

When you say relearn riding,what do you mean, what were the changes you did

2 Likes

Be light on throttle , gradually accelerate , try to sustain the sweet spot for long time (where the speed is adequate and no red halo) Try to coast whenever possible ie leave the throttle during descent and flat roads

2 Likes

I use only warp mode with 45 speed. 70kms daily run

4 Likes

When you say relearn riding,what do you mean, what were the changes you did

i am not an expert, i am just trying to learn. So would be good to hear from other experienced.

Ok

1. When riding i accelerate and leave the throttle
  2. Then ride in momentum and push the throttle and use the momentum
  3. When we know that traffic ahead leave the throttle and let go in momentum and you will need less brakes.
  4. Basically using less brakes is the key ā€¦ breaking doesnā€™t help.

Using less brakes ā€¦ i see that i can ride in 5% battery to 7 kms. In sports mode you can do thisā€¦ In eco mode you will not get that momentum. Sports mode is go to mode in 450x.

I am not getting the advanced riding details in my app. So I donā€™t know how to track.

4 Likes