Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

I generally get an average around 29wh/km in the recent rides section. This thread is open for suggestions.

3 Likes

But even if we use eco at top speed 50km and if we use sports at 50km how does that make difference in utilisation of battery charge in fact in sports mode the battery charge is utilised quickly as it has greater acceleration speed, how does riding at 50km in eco and if in sports make any difference of battery charge output? For reaching 50km in any mode except the acceleration the power is same

4 Likes

If you ride a bicycle, will it take more energy out of you to go from 0 to 20km/h inside 100 metres (speed cycling) or if you gradually increase speed over a km?

Similarly, warp / sport allow higher acceleration, and use more stored energy on battery - the end outcome (speed) in your example is same, energy used to get the outcome is different.

2 Likes

Great Insights! Thank you for sharing this, will try to follow and see the results.

2 Likes

Actually for rider safety 30-35 kmph is good.

1 Like

If you use warp or sports your acceleration will be quicker which will consume more power then how can you get 100kms or sports /warp?

2 Likes

When with sports or warp mode, two factors will determine range (assuming flat road):

1. Speed: Limiting speed to 40km/h on sports without pillion, a 75kg rider can easily get 100 km+ range. If you limit speed to 60km/h on sports, you’ll get range between 85-95 km. Riding at 80-90 km/h on highways will not get more than 60-70 km range.
  2. Acceleration and Braking: Even when limiting speed to any range, how you increase the speed or reduce the speed to adjust for traffic also matters. The more gradual the speed change, better the range.
4 Likes

In 95% Warp mode

3 Likes

Hi guys. New owner since Friday. I’m from Chennai.

I have extensively read through this entire topic before getting the bike. I have a few doubts.

I drove extensively today and this was my drive back home all in Sports mode. I had 47% charge available when I started, so **Does projected range here means I can reach 78km within this battery percentage of 47%? **

why is my predicted range all in zeroes?

It was very difficult for me to bring down my efficiency to 34wh/km. Is this good for starters?

Please do let me know what you guys think. I’m from Chennai. I rode all on flat surface. Passed a couple of kms on bad roads. This is all about this ride. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball:!! Welcome to the community.

Projected range means the distance you can travel with a full charge.

Restart the dashboard once and check.

It is ok. Not too high, not too less. Were you riding single or with a pillion? If you were riding with a pillion and you said that it was an extensive ride so… 34WH/KM is not too much. If you are riding single try to maintain below 30WH/KM. Since you have already read this topic it wouldn’t be hard for you to do so. Just understand the consumption of battery percentage while riding.

9 Likes

Would like to if there is any good method of charging our 450X to ensure best battery performance and longevity. I mean the charging patterns. For example, charging from 40 to 80% or similar. Or does it even matter?

5 Likes

Most people follow the 20-80-20 rule. You charge at 20%, upto 80% and leaving a 20% buffer. However you can charge as per your need and convenience.

4 Likes

Hello friends I want to know that during travel ( break time )Ather 450x can be charged using charger for adding few more kilometres ? Or once charger connected it should be removed after full charging …

1 Like

It is definely ok to add in a few km charge as you go along either with a PC / Dot or a fast charger if available, and you do not have to wait for 100% unless you need to go another 70-100 km.

Meanwhile, it is courteous to use the fast charger to charge only as much as needed if there are people waiting. Fast charging also is considered unhealthy to the battery for frequent charging.

5 Likes

Thanks @chethanchandrashekar My efficiency is getting better. I have reached 30Wh/km now as a single rider. Trying to go below that with every other ride.

The app issue hasn’t been solved yet. I’ve raised a ticket and waiting for it be closed.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi I finished two months after purchasing Ather 450X. Frankly speaking with two months experience ,Ather 450x maintain the quality in terms of efficiency and milage.The most amazing thing which I noticed today is when I go to my job centre in hilly terrain which covers 17.5 Km from my home,I shifted to WARP mode from the beginning till the end which consumed only 24% charge which normally I do not get in sport mode.So my conviction is if we ride in 40-50 km speed per hour, Ather will make you reach around 72 km in warp mode with maximum 50 speed per hour. That is quite awesome since we don’t have any fear to overpass a vehicle ahead in warp mode.

9 Likes

It is very true. And if you manage your throttle well, we can get upwards of 90km range in warp mode. Just watch out for red Halo appearing (have to turn on Real-time efficiency in settings). @acorreya is expert of warp mode efficiency

7 Likes

I have ride in eco mode range 96 km

7 Likes

Why the people are said lie on the platform about the range you all know it’s not possible to get the range it’s only 60 and it’s true

3 Likes

I would advise to improve your riding style and always try to keep Wh/Km to under 30 while doing so, later share your results here.

4 Likes