Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

so based on the first post in this topic we can get better range by riding at a constant speed in around 40- 50 in warp mode ( applicable to 450x) . am I right?

4 Likes

I finally reached home walking with 0% battery left but till 5km left still on warp

2 Likes

If you donā€™t reduce speed when it crosses 17%, you can continue to be in speed or warp mode.

I have seen it for 1-2 km, but never had chance to continue further as you will end up braking or slowing down usually.

6 Likes

Actually, if you donā€™t touch brakes you can continue in the same mode. But donā€™t be unwise and crash.

3 Likes

Definitely canā€™t be done on Bangalore ORR :joy:

3 Likes

Its depends on our weight as well

2 Likes

Use a throttle gripper for cruise control.

2 Likes

Please suggest the weight range to carry to achieve the good milage performance.Ather team told me upto 200 kg include rider and pillion.

4 Likes

200 KGs is the total amount of weight it can carry. For optimal mileage, you need to weigh as less as possible. Weight though is just one of the factors for a good range, there are many more factors that will affect the ride.

3 Likes

Bro, how did you manage to get these figures !? I canā€™t bring my efficiency down from 30 Wh/km. Any tips ?

1 Like

There are no special tips, I was helped with a smooth flowing traffic that did not cause any sudden acceleration. I had a steady hand on the throttle and basically thatā€™s it.

3 Likes

Why ride an Ather for 148 mins. To cover 52 kmsā€¦ WARP mode will cryā€¦ :grinning:, atleast use a decent RIDE mode to enjoy the ride and yet use less of the charge

5 Likes

I wish I could, but traffic and bad roads dont seem to agree

2 Likes

Actually, regarding this, Iā€™ve been caught off guard a few times when my ride has forcibly changed from whatever mode to eco. Usually the last 2km to my house is in high density fast moving traffic. So, I do have to drive pretty fast and sometimes when Iā€™m at less than 20% and I stop accelerating for a bit, it changes to eco and Iā€™m caught off guard. Kinda dangerous because Iā€™m still thinking Iā€™m in sport mode and I can overtake at that speed. Would be nice if the Ather had a small beep sound (like the new BS VI vehicles have when you cross 80 kmph). It would atleast warn the user of the mode change. Would be a cool safety feature in my opinion. If some people think itā€™s a good idea we could raise a feature request.

18 Likes

This is my recent ride in complete Warp mode Is the efficiency number good ?

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the average speed?

1 Like

It shows 28 kmph

1 Like

Every day when I start my first ride after charging the battery to 100% within .5km drive the range is reducing 1km in all modes. Is it an indication of battery degradation or it is common for all. As of now I have completed 3500km.

3 Likes

It is common. I am about to touch 1450 KM and it happens with me too. It happened today morning also. Itā€™s normal.

8 Likes

At higher charge levels it degrades a little bit faster, It applies when you are riding and in Idle.

Similar to a phone :iphone: battery :battery:. When my phone is fully charged 100% and then I remove the charger and as soon as I open the screen lock the charge comes to 99%:sweat_smile:. Similar to that.

1 Like