Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

That is something incredible! The best which I regularly and easily achieve is 23-25 wh/km. I wonder how much you weigh.

5 Likes

I did use the reverse throttle and saw the km increase by 1…I did that down slope for 1 km

5 Likes

75KGs if that helps :slight_smile: + I had a laptop bag with a ThinkPad and the helmet

4 Likes

I and @abhishek.balaji have “left the chat”

OVER 45KW/Hr while I hold 55Kw/hr :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Can I join your group , I hold a qualification of 60wh/km :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Just read 50% of the thread and 90% of the most useful information is in the first 25% of the posts. Very well written @saranyam.13891 . Great info for people regularly riding longer distances but absolutely useless for me as I will mostly be riding only 10-20 km a day maybe less. For me it makes sense to just put it in WARP mode and twist the throttle whennthe road is available. Always ridden my bikes using full throttle when possible and driving my cars in Sports Mode and pedal to metal.:joy:

8 Likes

I ride To panjim :grinning: in Ride mode… I use sports and Warp occasionally… On my way back… Warp rides reserved for weekends

3 Likes

I got 100 KM range in Normal City Ride.

7 Likes

See the above image.

The data is inaccurate and I have a doubt it is the problem with hardware or software.

I didn’t drive that 9km in 96 min and I have no pillion driver. But the efficiency drops to 88wh/km

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sound after Washing or after Rain

Did you shutdown your vehicle in the middle of the ride? If yes then that 88wh/km is due to shutting down the vehicle in between your rides. You also said that you didn’t drive 9km in 96mins that also would occur only due to shutdown. In this instance the shutdown time is also counted to the ride + your previous ride before shutdown + after ride is also counted, that is why it’s showing 96mins for 9km and the wh/km is also counted before and after the shutdown, and is added to one single ride, that is why 88wh/km

This occurs only due to shutdown of the vehicle in middle of the rides.

2 Likes

Thanks for your information. There was a chance I had restarted the Vehicle for the updation of stats, but I won’t remember the ride. May be it’s in the same ride.

1 Like

Hey guys just wanted to know whether I can shutdown my scooter just for the night to prevent that 4-5 percent discharge or will it damage the bms or something … I have the 450X

1 Like

Yes, you can. I usually shut down my Ather if I am not planning to use it for two days or more.

6 Likes

Weird thing I noticed yesterday is that while riding with a pillion even in a very small uphill inclination the acceleration highly gets affected.

I could feel the belt cranking sound. Is there something wrong and I should be worried about or is that normal.

2 Likes

If you were at lower speed, the scooter was taking more power to climb up since the weight was more and it was going up the slope. Nothing to worry as I have seen the scooter and I requiring more effort even on the flat road with a pillion.

3 Likes

While you may find the red halo being frequent while riding with pillion, belt cranking sound is certainly not persistent at all. Please check if it happens again and raise the issue with your CS support. Be safe!

3 Likes

This is quite normal as power required is more. Since i am driving in hilly terrain and most of the time with pillion such kind of squeaking sound is always there whenever pull is needed.

I have tested with 3 people as well for short distance all weighing around 90 kg. It was able to pull the incline easily and all were impressed with the capability.

1 Like

Check for correct tyre pressure for better performance

3 Likes

Add images

Today’s ride 25-40 speed with using regen brake + linear acceleration

5 Likes