Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Correct. It actually shifts below 20% (17% as per my observation)

2 Likes

Yup. That is the case. In Delhi we dont have many Grids and I dont have a portable charger. So I try to take out every bit of the juice left in the battery.

3 Likes

Those are consistently good efficiencies. :clap:

Yesterday I had a long drive after a while. Usually, during long rides, I drive with care for 2 reasons.

1. To preserve range to come back without any top-up or range anxiety
  2. I don’t want my ride statistics to look bad… :smiley:

Yesterday, I was sure of charging at the destination, so no range anxiety. And, because I am on Connect Lite plan, didn’t worry about my ride statistics looking bad. So, was riding as the conditions allowed.

A 47 km trip on Sports Mode with top speed of 80+ got 37 Wh/km on a solo ride. Though enjoyed my ride, felt sad seeing such poor efficiency :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yea so the longer the ride at those constant speeds. Usually cruising at half of top speed gives good efficiency. It can also be mixed with some boosts in between without compromising on the efficiency.

1 Like

If i may ask, how’s the terrain? Do you ride in a lot of traffic? Is there a lot of signals, starting and stopping in between etc? Because that’s my main problem in Bangalore. Whatever I do I cannot seem to get my efficiency numbers up. I just have to stop and start so many times in between signals or between small roads, etc. Would love to understand what your commute actually looks like.

3 Likes

Traffic is not as maddening as Bengaluru obviously. But in peak hours, yes it does mean alot of braking and stops. Usual speed in traffic is 5-10 kmph as per dashin peak traffic. I keep my pickup very very easy i.e. 1-2% throttle no matter how bad it gets and no matter how many people honk. Pick up makes alot of difference. I will make a video of some of my rides someday and share (dont have the gear to shoot right now). 23-25 wh/km is a constant for me even in maddening traffic like Benguluru (lived there so i know how crazy it gets).

Easy Pickup and half of top speed is the key. Not to forget i do touch 70-80 in-between as you can see in logs for overtaking etc.

5 Likes

This is beautiful. We should meet for coffee when you’re in bangalore next. I’d love to get some tips and see you in action in Bangalore traffic, especially when people start honking 0.00000001 seconds after the signal turns green :joy:

4 Likes

Definitely. And trust me bro Delhi is worse than Bengaluru when it comes to honking. DM you my number.

4 Likes

It’s absolutely crazy seeing the range you get. Wow I’ve been only getting 90 max.!

4 Likes

you should make a vlog for us people to make use of your experience :slight_smile: this is just brilliant

1 Like

I have been riding approximately 33kms one way every weekend to my parents home. Every time I will be riding with pillion Rider and with some luggage. I tried to ride more efficient, to get range for both onward and return journey without using Grid as the only grid available for me on my route is being blocked. The road is a flat road with so many flyovers to cross in between and little bit inclinations, I will ride only in sports mode by following all the tips shared by our members in this post. I used to get 75 to 80 Kms Maximum range with pillion rider and luggage.

Last weekend, I got a chance to ride solo. I tried to ride very much efficiently and this time being solo ride, I got a range of 107 Kms. I might have got more range, but due to few fellow riders blocking and slowing me down near the inclination parts of the road and flyovers.

8 Likes

Is it normal that an idle vehicle battery to lose10%+ over 24hr after reaching 100%

1 Like

Yes, I noticed with usage the percentage drop is not linear. The percentage drops faster from 100% to 80% but after that it takes longer for each percent to drop.

Batteries generally don’t like high state of charge. Keeping batteries at 100% for a long time will cause faster battery degradation.

3 Likes
  • If you keep the charging cable docked after charging is complete, then ~9% per day
  • If you remove the charging cable after charging and turn the key off, then ~5% per day
5 Likes

I think you may be riding in sloppy way and the wind direction is along with you. With correct tyre pressure and less throtttle in a sloppy road with good wind direction along with you and you may weigh less. In these conditions these will work. I wanted to upload screenshots, but upload button is not working

1 Like

Try using the forum from a browser,the upload button works there,btw @abhishek.balaji is this a bug or something,I have observed that the upload button doesn’t work from the app?

1 Like

How much tyre pressure loss do you guys see usually. I did not top-up for close to 1.5 months. I hardly used the vehicle during that time.

On Saturday, when I checked the tyre pressure, one tyre pressure was around 15 and another one was around 26. (Both was around 30 1.5 months back).

There are periods where I did not top-up my old Wego for 2 months also… But, never seen so much loss of pressure.

1 Like

Instead of of ( RED ) colour can we have Efficiency value (number, like rpms in ICE) on display or moRe colour to inform about efficiency to get max range as possible from the machine.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X: Discussions on battery

The range you get is great! :ok_hand: Happy to help :blush:

3 Likes