Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Sure. Will try my best to get one up soon.

1 Like

I guess, long distance and leisure rides are more efficient. Covered 65kms utilizing 94 to 12 % battery.

6 Likes

Only on eco mode?

3 Likes

I rode on sport till it forced eco mode at the end. Ride stats are broken into multiple rides as I stopped in between.

3 Likes

So the 100 km range achieved by people are with 20% battery left? Does the weight of the rider matters in the battery consumption and thereby in efficiency? Everytime I try to ride it a lil conscious to get the efficiency less and range more , but the max I could achieve is 35 on avg, less than 35 occurs rarely and I couldn’t exactly figure how I rode that time to get the efficiency less, could you help me out with this sir

2 Likes

@ashjagan.00 Ride with patience in sportmode within speed limit 40 to 45 kmph, and you get those numbers

2 Likes

Yes weight does matter, if you are riding single definitely you will get better efficiency compared to two riders…

1 Like

This is absolutely correct. My rides within the city is not efficient with an average of 30Wh/km. But my ride to Pune and back home to Bombay (~400kms) was around 28 Wh/km. The more you let it roll the better the efficiency.

2 Likes

Yesterday, I had to do a long ride again. So checked the tyre pressure after 13 days. On 11th, I had filled both the tyres close to 30. Yesterday, when I checked, the rear tyre had 20-21 PSI and front tyre had 28-29 PSI.

Initial 1 year, I was always filling Nitrogen in the nearby petrol pump. So, never bothered to check the loss. Was only checking if they are filling to the correct PSI.

After getting Michelin manual pump, got rid of Nitrogen and started filling air at home itself. I was re-filling every week or 10 days whenever I cleaned the vehicle. So, never had the doubt of this tyre pressure loss.

Then came lock down, where I hardly use it. :slight_smile:

Can any of you tell how much pressure loss you see usually?

3 Likes

Hi, thank you for your post. How’s the battery utilisation now? Is it still giving you the true range in sports mode?

2 Likes

Where do we get wh/km in dash board while riding…

1 Like

While riding you dont and that’s something we have requested Ather. Let’s see if it happens. But when you stop some where or at an intersection you can see on the dash main screen. Also, if you keep in mind the throttle percentage (10%) and speed (50% of top speed in selected mode) and if you are in green and sometimes in brownish then you are good. For initial pickup from 0, a pinch of throttle also helps.

3 Likes

Have anyone who owns a 340 or 450 changed their battery?

@abhishek.balaji do you have any stats on batteries that got replaced?

5 Likes

Go to trip a and trip b, in current ride mode u won’t see.

3 Likes

The 340 was never manufactured.

I don’t think there has been a case where a 450 battery needed to replaced due to battery degradation.

4 Likes

Sorry for posting it here, but the app won’t let me post a new thread, neither does it let me reply to other threads related to syncing. I’m having syncing issues with my Ather 450x. It last synced 16 hours before. Because of this, the app is showing my last known location 10kms away from yesterday’s ride! This needs to be fixed ASAP as this is a critical feature. Imagine if the scooter gets stolen and the app is unable to pinpoint the last known location. This should be taken up on a priority basis.

9 Likes

@drjatinanand Kindly reset the dashboard by pressing both brake Lever and start switch combinedly for 10 second. Dashboard will restart and your problem get solved

4 Likes

From dashboard enable real time efficiency

2 Likes

Yes I did that. But this temporarily solves the problem. I hope it gets fixed in a future update.

Am a new owner just got my bike a day back,This is my first msg in this forum… The detailed information you have shared is super helpful and am gonna try it ryt away tomorrow… Thnx a ton

5 Likes