Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

What I have noticed so far is maintaining good tyre pressure and slow pick up does the game irrespective of any mode. Yes but at time I also forget about the range and just enjoy the beast for its ultimate warp pick up

This is the right way to enjoy the benefits of the technology. Good experiment which normally not told to us at the dealer level. I eperience the same in TVS Ntorq.

2 Likes

In addition to the smart riding habits, the swappable option as mentioned in this link can help us: https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-blogs/collaborate-to-thrive-420424

2 Likes

Yes I have been facing the same issue, also noticed just in 6 months when my charge is 100% and I start riding in eco mode, the battery percentage drops to 99% after 0.2 km and to 98 after 0.8 km.

4 Likes

This is not new and exists from Ather 450 days. I remember it as a glitch related to calibration. You can refer the below post for explanation from Ather team.

Note: Earlier, from 100%, it was dropping to 98% (9% never existed). But, now that bug is fixed, it drops to 99 and then 98%. But, the fact is :drop from 100% to 98 or 97% is quick… Often I noticed that if I shut down at mid 90% and start again, the Soc will increase by 1%.

3 Likes

When plugged in, and your battery pack reaches 100%, it starts what’s called trickle charging. When it reaches 100%, it stops charging, waits for it to drop by a percent or two, and tops it back up. If you unplug during this time, your battery would be almost at 100%.

This is likely what’s happening in your, and @power_light2000’s case.

5 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji thanks for your input. BUT Issue here is not about #trickle charging, issue is when ever I start a ride with in .2 km 1% drop in battery usage ans after .8 km 1% drop in battery usage which make it 2% battery usage with in first 1 km range. this I have noticed even while the Premium Electric Scooter is not on charge or / 100% charged.

hope you won’t call this as trickle discharging

2 Likes

I hope you had a chance to read this post. It explains in detail a phenomenon called voltage bounce back.

2 Likes

Its highest mileage of my 450x…

5 Likes

I want to know one thing many owners suggesting don’t do full charge always charge upto only 80% for better battery life. What your views on this

1 Like

I really don’t follow this formula… I just simply plug it overnight and enjoy… As already its cleared from ather that it has auto cut off… and overnight charging won’t affect the battery…

3 Likes

I always try to avoid not showing the red shade on the dashboard, not to load the motor with any sudden acceleration, keep the type pressure, charger it when the battery level reaches 15% with normal charging only, keep the belt cleaned properly, always slow and steady move not in eco mode but ride or stop mode…

3 Likes

I have no clue, why the predicted range is below 68kms and sports as 77kms.

2 Likes

To talk about my experience, my 450X till now I could use for 317 Km. Longest usage on one charge is 68 Km. Starting at 97% charge on ride mode I got 45 KM and subsequently on Eco mode the remaining 23 KM - the remaining battery is 10% (7KM in Eco). The road was not good in many places and hilly terrain. Top speed around 60 km/Hr and average speed around 26 km/Hr. I believe as of now it is very good, the ride was very comfortable as compared to the petrol TVS Wego which I was using of late.

2 Likes

Nice tip will try and fund out

2 Likes

What is the best practice to charge 450x, 0-100-20 or 20-85-20, does it make any difference.

2 Likes

Abhishek had earlier mentioned that these batteries should last anywhere around 6 years and if rigorously followed the 80-20-80 cycle you can get maybe 6months to 1 year of extra range But what I have observed by seeing the degradation maps of li-on batteries is that the best charging cycle is 75-65-75 followed by 75-45-75 followed by 75-25-75 but the first one is a bit impractical compared to the last too, seeing the maps what I observed was that don’t charge your scooter to 100% that will surely have a effect on the battery and don’t discharge below 20% Best is follow the 75-45-75 (if it satisfies your requirements) or follow 75-25-75 cycle Li-on batteries hate to be at higher socs like 100% charge ,they like to be at mid range socs like 50-60% So if you really want to have your battery for very long and you can take of these things please go ahead or if you just chill and use it like 100% to 20% and replace the battery after 6 years by then the battery price will also go down so use it that way,it’ll surely have less risk than maintaining those cycles

4 Likes

Due to difference in initial acceleration… eco require more throttling compared to sport so the predicted range will differ

4 Likes

This is the efficiency I am getting in sports mode. Distance covered around 25km, with in between usage of warp mode too. I am pretty happy with the performance I am getting.

2 Likes

Is it true ather only uses 80 or 85 percent of it’s true capacity, so even if you charge it to 100 percent you’e not really charging the actual battery pack to 100 percent, it will just be 100 percent of capacity that they allow.

1 Like