Simple Energy One

Yes and that too they are going to be sticking to the online orders way, not the regular showrooms in each city. Which is going to be a year at least.

2 Likes

Waiting for a test drive to check claims. If they turn out to be true. Then damn! It would pinch me considering I just recently got a 450x

4 Likes

Just found out that simple one is registered under ather 450x in the electionic city RTO is this legal?

6 Likes

Walkaround video below. Media will be able to drive the scooters in the next 1-2 days and reviews will be up in a week. The removable battery gives a range of 60 km. If it’s the real-world range, then the capacity of it will be ~1.5 kWh and the fixed battery will be 3.2 kWh.

3 Likes

Did Ather launch the 450x new look or what? Seems to be familiar, doesn’t it?:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No. Simple energy have modified an Ather 450x and presented it as a new vehicle. This just goes to show how far they are in actually delivering a vehicle to a customer.

5 Likes

Most important it’s chain driven. Is it fine?

1 Like

That was the whole point. Simple for me is like a freedom one phone. I dont have any beleif in it. At that price tag not definitely. OLA with that hefty investments available and can take the initial losses or I wont say losses but less margin Still is costing more and that range claims and more over the delivery claims and leave all, the vehicle look it self is little odd.

2 Likes

Did they modify the 450x or they are just showing the existing 450x registration as a Simple ONE?

I always felt their claims are way over the top and constantly changing. Just 2-3 months back, they announced they will launch the scooter initially in Bangalore. A month back, they changed that to 3 cities (Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai). Now they are saying, they will launch in 13 states. They are gonna install 300 charging stations in 3-4 months?

Today they announced they will have a 1 million capacity plant in the first phase. Where is the money coming from? When someone asked him the same question on Twitter a few days back, the founder said, "You dont need an investor , when you already have money mate ! Startup is not only about raising money."

I think they are not able to raise more funds after the initial rounds. They don’t have enough funds to set up large factory. If you follow the CEO’s twitter posts, he seems more worried about Ola scooter. All these over the top claims seem to raise more funds (can’t blame them honestly) and Ola’s concurrent launch really hurting them.

2 Likes

True. Also, having awesome range is a big enough feature / hook. Lower upfront cost is also +1 for us.

Another surprising this a lot of people have asked is how much power / boot space it has. I guess there’s a big market of people using scooters as tempos :joy:

What I observed in Simple Energy model

1. Mileage
  2. Smart Key
  3. Tpms
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Calls
  6. Music
  7. Map
  8. Drive modes (4 Types)
  9. Top speed 105km/hr
  10. Loop charging (Grid)
  11. Customized screen
  12. Body colors

Screenshot_20210815-224507 Screenshot_20210815-224621

Screenshot_20210815-224804 Screenshot_20210815-224904

4 Likes

I wonder where is Mr Abhishek Balaji. I guess gone underground after these announcements. I mean there is nothing much ather can do with their broken software. There were going to charge for TPMS but now since both its competitors are giving it for free, i wonder what they are thinking. If ather does not amend its way of doing business , they are doomed for sure.

• For starters remove the useless subscriptions and give us access to use it via our phone for free.

• Release stable softwares.

7 Likes

Ola has a 3GB RAM dash. Ather’s dash has 1GB RAM. Considering all the background processes running under the hood, I bet it’s overclocking the system already. Unless they call back in all the scooters and upgrade the dashboard, cache solutions for maps are impossible. Oh, and Bluetooth, which disconnects randomly just as easily as it connects randomly, comes only with the Pro. We can forget about smart keyless operation and TPMS for now. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Ather doesn’t even look like the underdog/ dark horse here. Looks like blatant negligence at best. Who’s gonna support someone like that?

12 Likes

totally agree. That dashboard needs an upgrade. Take some money and please give me a better dashboard. I don’t agree with “no subscription” . We save tons on petrol, why not shell out a few bucks for software experience. I understand it has lot of bugs but if we don’t keep the money flowing, Ather will never get good software team to improve that experience. Ather, they can have my money but my hopes are really high now. Get us a good software experience.

3 Likes

It’s easy to say what Ather is doing or something. When 340 was launched issues were present. 450 different issues,450x issues yes. But when you get a electric appliance issues do show up but is ather working on that ? I would say yes. This is software thing so need some time and all. It’s not like add a comma here all issues vanish. So, let’s wait and watch.

They’ve software engineers working daily to sort out issues. No one would pay them if they are not doing their job.

I didn’t get any major software issues till now since April 2021. Few issues but force restart worked all the time.

7 Likes

Force restart damn every once or twice (for a few its even more) every day is not a good thing. It boils my blood everytime I have to stop and restart that dashboard. That dashboard is cheap and Ather needss to fix it. Period. :smiley:

With that said, lets wait and see how many restart OLA and Simple one will need in a day. I will hold onto my Series 1 till then. :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Now real competitors are Ola and Simple One, I think Ather is not even near to these two scooters. Still now Ather prices are higher side because of more demand and quality. Now real game changers are in the market, will see what Ather will do. Still Ather is India Tesla in prices not in Range.

6 Likes

Nope cant calll them Tesla for sure. Tesla is always years ahead of the competition in terms of range, performance and software experience. Ather just dropped the ball by not developing rapidly.

6 Likes

It boils my blood everytime I have to stop and restart that dashboard. That dashboard is cheap and Ather needss to fix it. Period.

Even for me also same…I think due to other scooters prices and range…

3 Likes

Would wait till simple one demos their software or provide hands on. So far, we have only seen slides. Have far more trust in OLA, their dashboard looked good and ready and likely going to be the benchmark soon.

I feel pretty sure that SE is gonna struggle with the software too, very likely more than Ather.

13 Likes