Simple Energy One

For a company 3rd iteration product 450X , we do not need time to correct software thing. Ather is milking its customer for no reason over the premium pricing with their useless subscriptions. I challenge you to give me a Patch number without bugs. And i mean all the functionality to the point and working fine. They worked on the software for 2 years now and they cant release a stable software ? Also i am not adding comma, I am saying Ather is near its end unless they do something about it. They do the job and release broken software every time. They do not have a internal testing team. Me being a beta tester know that for a fact. We pay them to test their software. How weird is that ? I dont think they need more time. Force restart is not the option.

You are saying you did not get any issues ? :rofl:

• Maps glitching out and bad network ?

• Random dashboard restarts ? ( Fixed now , hope so )

• Jet engine running below the dashboard ?

• App not syncing to the mobile ?

• Crap build quality , with dashboard visor developing hair line cracks in months ? some people got it replaced 4 times in 4 months. Do go and check your front visor.

I can go on if you would like, so i guess owners should start looking for ROI rather than being a fanboi coz we are all here for the vehicle not for the company loyalty. We pay they deliver , if not they we move on to the next one.

10 Likes

Sir, even Microsoft releases their Windows 10 updates early to beta users for testing so that bugs can be fixed before wide release. Does not mean they don’t have an internal team, the beta testing comes post their scrutiny. This is a general practice in the software industry. Also if I remember correctly, Ather started this practice only after being encouraged by early adopters.

2 Likes

Now Switching to Simple One is 40000 rupees and 100km more range offordable…

5 Likes

The only way Ather can still beat OLA and Simple Energy is by offering 1KWH power bank for free which can fit in a bagpack that can charge 450X quicky upto 30-35% :slight_smile: and forget about the connectivity subscription models and unlock wifi :slight_smile:

@atherenergy if you are reading this please take this thought seriously.

8 Likes

Even they offer 1 kw power bank it may get 120 to 130 km range only (true range)… it can’t beat to simple one…

5 Likes

agree but design wise Ather is still the best so they can compensate on range with a 1KWH power bank FOR FREE just to keep their customers happy.

5 Likes

Yup …ather should upgrade software and battery with higher capacity to sustain in the market (Ola and simple one)

Conveniently replying to a part of the argument and ignoring the whole section. Damn !!

• Coming to your Microsoft statement , one is service based other one is product based.
  • If you really wanted to compare, compare it to Tesla which Ather claims to be India. They do not charge its customer to test their software.

Atleast get the industry first :rofl: :rofl: ( Dont compare service with product , this is basic ) Ather started the practice because they are not confident about it.

• Coming back to my point , kindly point out one patch without bugs, can you ?

You stick to Ather , i have no problem , i am speaking for someone who looks for actual quality and service rather being a fanboi

6 Likes

So I am not being a fan boy.

I blame Ather for lot of things like buggy softwate. Lack of quck developments (doing Supirior, smart, best quality, and industry best bhajan even after 3 years of non improvement in software features).

Mostly for framing their bug fixes as regular software OTA updates and claiming that ever improving software experience. (Which is a false s***).

But beta testing is not a wrong prctice. Also the fact that many of the owners asked for beta test before actual rollouts.

Now again coming back to experieces we are paying for buggy softwate as of now where as they can charge for a software improvement if their software is stable. And new features are getting introduced no question will be asked.

Say for example theft detection is a feature announced as a default for 450X but still it is not there and in future updates it will be released as a new feature and many of us celebrate wehre as it is some thing we have to get at the initially paid price and not for additional subscription amount being paid.

1 Like

The “we save money on petrol, so let’s spend on software” argument is getting tired and old. Especially for something that’s already priced at a premium. It might make sense to you to keep showering @ather wih money, but their inefficiency should not be customers’ problem. If they’re losing money even after cutting material costs from the 450 to the 450X (at the expense of build quality and stability), then why should customers keep this circus running out of their own pockets? If they deliberately shoved in a cheap, inadequate tablet for the dashboard whilst simultaneously jacking up the overall package price, why should one be expected to pay even more money to get what was supposed to have been there in the first place?

14 Likes

Exactly the point. No one is here to groom a company.

I agree with subscription may be a few hundred bucks or so a quarter if they introduce new softwate features to customers rather than trying to give what they are supposed to get by default as per announcement.

Also not for opening up intentionally restricted hardware capabilities.

One important point is that the underdesigned hardware (in terms of chipset I am talking and memory). There is a diffrence in how RS. 5000 devuce cinnects to 4G network and how iPhone connects to 4G network both are 4G capable. But you cannot do all the tasks iPhone does on RS. 5000 phone in terms of connectivity itself.

So saving money so spend is not a good debate. If I am saving I will save why anyone has to spend part of it for nothing. This is the same concept which ruined the IoT concept in industries too.

Think it this way if NETFLIX doesn’t add new content and just give you same content with better quality (I mean the quality which is available with them just opened to lesser price plan) do you take the subscription saying I save money from not going to theatres so I will encourage NETFLIX.

7 Likes

And if Netflix keeps losing titles from it library, canceling shows abruptly, while jacking up its subscription fees while a different provider comes in with a better library and more competitive pricing, people will understandably dump Netflix and move on. At that point it won’t matter what Netflix did right 10 years ago or the fond Netflix and Chill memories you had.

8 Likes

Wow… loved the arguments. I agree with you guys. You can say a soft corner for Ather. Haha yeah, I am equally annoyed with Ather’s efforts on software experience. I was blinded thinking that competition will never so soon offer better 2021 tech & hence Ather is miles ahead of the pack. But with the launches yesterday I see the pack is already thinking in terms of good software experience. The days of timid casio calculators on wheels are numbered. But I will also stick to my argument that a good software experience will need subscription fees. Thats the viable business model. :heart::blush: how else will you earn after selling the scooters that require almost “0” maintenance. And where the heck is SMART charging? I guess I saw somewhere Ola is offering smart navigation (suggesting charging stops) :blush:

1 Like

It is native maps with edge computing tech rather than cloud computing. so no need any new developments though in future.

Also as stated earlier I agree with charges if they provide new features tht too has to be minimal. Hence my NETFLIX example earlier.

1 Like

Good, free software, sure. Not substandard software that has been sold at a premium.

Grid subscriptions, interesting add ons (like customizable vinyl wraps depending on your mood), and very simply, market share. There’s a huge market up for grabs and it will be a while before things stagnate to the point where the existing base has to be nickel and dimed.

3 Likes

I was only interested in responding to that part. Beta testing is a trend nowadays - be it service or product. As for the all the issues you pointed out, by all means feel free to criticise Ather, I definitely don’t disagree that there are quality issues.

Please tell me how Ather has forced you or anybody to test the software. Or charged them for it. Doesn’t make sense to accuse them after having voluntarily signed up for testing.

I use windows 10 on my personal pc. Signed up for the insider program to try out their latest features. Could break my pc but I do it anyway cause I am interested. Call it service, product or whatever. It’s the same scenario. Except Ather’s beta software doesn’t break the vehicle itself.

Not denying it at all, software issues are plenty. Like I said, only here to point the fact out that you voluntarily signed up for ‘early access and beta testing’.

So if am not for you, am against you and a fanboy? Hardly makes sense.

3 Likes

If you are here not for the quality and experience what exactly do you lookup Ather for ?

1 Like

Did I say I am not? I only made a counter to your ‘pay for testing’ statement and your issue with testing Ather’s software in general.

I am confused now ? Why should anyone consider Ather over OLA / Simple Energy ? Got your point regarding software. No one is forcing me to test. Done !! Agree.

3 Likes

In last 1.5-2 years, there were few launches in electric 2 wheeler space. iQube, Chetak, Revolt

All had good expectations. (Agreed not as much as Ola). But, sadly none of them delivered. In fact, Chetak went on to increase prices before even delivery.

Ather won’t have any knee jerk reaction for now. But, this is the right time to up their sleeve in fixing things.

1. Software
  2. Customer care
  3. Better Pricing (Remember FAME subsidy wont stay high for ever)
3 Likes