Simple Energy One

2 Likes

Waiting for the most exciting Independence day, simple one looks very interesting,so many launches on 15th!!

1 Like

Simple Energy to set up a manufacturing plant in Hosur, Tamilnadu with an initial capacity of 1 million units at a cost of Rs 350 crores.

6 Likes

When it will be launched

I am waiting for last 1 year

2 Likes

Good to see the plan but still unable to get that trust factor on Simple Energy vehicle, even though I am listening about it since 2 years now. Their claims are always little sketchy to me.

Hope they launch a good vehicle and try to deliver at least something near to what they are committed. Any ways good to see two new EV launches around the corner.

2 Likes

has anyone read the article saying that the simple one will come with 30ltrs of storage. :hushed:

Simple energy one can fast charge at 2.5kms per minute, tough competition from everywhere. :sneezing_face:

5 Likes

The scooter is incredibly good on paper,and I am purchasing it however it performs in real life, let’s in the long term how it behaves,will share a thread regarding ownership of it on the forum,super excited!!! Better boot space,top speed ,acceleration,far better battery back which is removable,far faster charging,and a huge range with the custom made motor and the price,the cherry on the cake,just undercuts the ather 450x and chokes it,love the startup and the scooter will purchase it without waiting and later test it,have high hopes :crossed_fingers:

The underlined grabbed my interest and its gonna higher top speeds with a smaller motor. Better acceleration 0-50 in 3.6 secs…if its true…i might give it a thought and part with my S1

4 Likes

Looks too good to be true. I wonder how on earth they can hit those specs. :thinking:

2 Likes

Highly possible,just remove 30k ather premium,higher subsidy from govt for the higher battery.

1 Like

My guess is since certified range is 240kms Real world range would be ~150kms (240 / 1.6) with load of upto 80kgs (without pillon). With pillion with load of upto 150kgs (150 kms /1.2) would be ~125kms … Assuming motor is of same capacity as of ather … Above calc is in eco mode (max speed 50kms) …

4 Likes

The motor is 30% more efficient as it’s custom made and according to my source it’s 200kms in city at 50kmph with 80kg pay load,witha 4.8kwh battery 125 kms cna we achieved with double on 70-80 kmph with ease.

1 Like

Total of 4.8kWh. Two removable batteries of 2.4kWh each. interesting!

8 Likes

O… H some inside stories intersting. I dont want to ask how you got this but… by the way how you got this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. but not a fan of removable battery tech.

Non removable batteries have their own advantage, that is one of the reasons why current mobile market 99% changed to removable battery tech.

Don’t think these modules fit in floorboard itself entirely. Interested to see how they are going to implement this. As they are also claiming a huge Boot space. Not so realistic claims this is the reason it never gained my trust factor till now. Atleast I have some hope in OLA. Will defenitely be surprised if these guys really launch what they claim.

3 Likes

Wait what happened to that banana module, looks like they went for the less appealing one BTW these will be heavy to operate 2.4 kWh also how is the boot space gonna be if these take up the entire thing

2 Likes

Guess you have got yourself confused. Removable banana battery design originally was from Etergo scooter, In Ola according to official news they now have fixed battery. Here we are talking about Simple Energy.

6 Likes

my bad :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: since both are launching the same date and the form is pretty active on these 2 topics I thought it got posted on Ola scooter

3 Likes

hmmm…interesting. :thinking:

Why do I feel that only one battery fits into the scooter at a time, but they plan to give both batteries. The user can charge one battery module at home while he is using the other one in the scooter. So the total battery capacity in the scooter at any point in time is 2.4kwh and range is 120kms. but the combined battery capacity is 4.8kwh and combined range is 240kms. If this is true, it is an interesting thing.

4 Likes