Simple Energy One

no it isn’t all,it has very choppy animations and wasted space you can barely see range while riding and rest of the UI looks like old android launcher

3 Likes

my favourite journalist :heart: saved the video for later when i have free time

2 Likes

Some where I heard people complaining about the charger that charges overnight and asking to wait for this. (as 750W charger is chargeable extra on cost).

It seems these guys are doing the same. May be this option with Simple is simply acceptable I guess.

But one thing I can appreciate is that these guys are not restricting for any variant unlike Ather which I think is meaning less. Like restricting other features is ok but charging speeds is not necessary.

Edit: This was now changed with Ather they removed the restriction so one less point to appreciate.

Other than this I can’t see any further to appreciate.

That dashboard and UI o…h I better don’t comment.

May be a Simple UI for Simple enthusiasts, not a buy for me

Hey forgot to mention the cheapest no no verry verry cheapest vehicle tag. Oh sorry can’t stick that sticker now it seems. Anyways good to see a oldest new comer in the market freshly again. Wish a good luck.

As per what I’ve heard, since the price hike from June, Ather has removed that restriction. Charging speeds and Ather grid, both will be available for 450x owners

2 Likes

Yes they removed. This post was before that announcement.

3 Likes

They were supposed to do first deliveries today (6-Jun). No news about that yet. Website still says pre-booking. No option to convert it to regular booking yet.

3 Likes

Deliveries for 6th was for Bangalore only. Let’s see

1 Like

Saw some youtube community posts showing deliveries. Eagerly waiting for the real world range tests.

1 Like

Yeah, Autocar also published a post on the same. They are expecting some 100 vehicles to be delivered this month. About the range, since the usable battery is approx 45% more than Ather, I expect a range of approx 130-140 kms in regular use and around 100 kms in the most powerful mode.

But the range gain is only for eco mode.

For other modes it should be less than Ather as. Secondary battery isn’t accessible for other modes.

3 Likes

Ohh I did not know that. Is it officially announced by them? If that’s the case, the portable battery will be useless most of the time unless it’s an emergency and the eco mode is the only way out. Just doesn’t make sense giving a portable option and that is not available in all the modes

1 Like

Officially no. But all the test ride scooter s were had same issue. So assuming.

2 Likes

yes it was in the keynote,portable battery only for eco.It works like reserve

3 Likes

Simple one is dead on arrival then.

6 Likes

a ‘simple’ solution would’ve been to trickle charge the main battery from the aux battery when the scooter is idle

that is if the scooter is even going to make it to production! still seems like a hoax lol

1 Like

Saala pura palti mar rahe ye log…! I am personally tired of all the e scooters. Now, we need to see better e bikes with nice 200+ range and DC fast charge support.

4 Likes

Okay. Did not follow the keynote. In that case, the extra battery is kinda useless unless someone wants to use eco mode all the time. I wonder what the reason was for restricting it to only one mode.

I guess it may not have extra cooling for the removable batteries and hence limit perfomance to reduce the heating of the Batteries.

2 Likes

just look at half cut scooter they showed on launch day floor,the removeable battery and motor are so close and they have no way to breathe from front.OLA doesn’t too but its design looks it has good flow under the scooter when its moving

2 Likes

the issue isnt with cooling the batteries i think. the issue is more about solid connections. since there’s a high chance that the removable battery can have a loose connection if not inserted properly. and higher power mode = higher current draw so loose connections can easily start a fire

4 Likes