Sharing of Home charge point-Ather Community Grid

Please calm down mate, @AnaghDeshpande has a point, you seem to be rubbing off on a wrong note here, being courteous goes a long way in proving your point. Every one has a point to make and add to the discussion, imposing restrictions and telling them to stick to your point or gtfo makes no sense and does come across as rude.

1 Like

all his points were well taken and included in the discussion until he pointed me being disrespectful. I am NO one to stop anyone from commenting, I was only hoping that he would do relevant one with subject in mind. Beyond this if he makes a personal remark I can’t help.

I am still open for him to raise his question as to what is not clear with the subject and try convey the message - but instead one cannot make a personal comment in the forum.

@AnaghDeshpande please let know which part of the subject you are failing to understand - it could be for the benefit of all.

Once Ather gets guest mode which is in pipeline, will solve the issue without needing to go thru customer care…

As Ather team pointed out in open forum, it should not take much time to get some one else added to your pod. In case of emergency, it should work. But your vehicle and pod should be in an area where network is there, to authenticate

1 Like

The home pod is not network enabled, so it doesn’t require a wireless data connection. All home pod updates are done via the bike.

When you plug in the charging cable, the comm ports on the cable will do the required data sync from the bike to the home pod.

Only the public charging points are connected via a wireless data connection to be able to authenticate charging requests from users.

3 Likes

True, pod does not connect to internet…

My understanding was, when you connect the new vehicle to the pod, it checks whether this pod is authorized or not.

So, unless your vehicle periodically syncs all authorized pods which it can connect to, it will check only when you connect to pod whether its authorized or not…

That time your vehicle should be in a network area.

Ultimately this comes down to network issues again, if there is guest but no network to authenticate, it’ll lead to more waiting. If there is no requirement for authentication then this whole network of willing home pod owners would really work out well.

1. Compatibility is one time job or it is checked every single time?

2. Network should not be a big concern unless the position is like a lower levels of basement like in commercial complexes.

3. I will be inquiring with the Ather team in person on this subject to know exactly how it is working now and planned for future. – during the time of delivery (between Jul 8 to 18)

Ather would be the best people to answer all these queries I guess, but coming to connectivity, the Vodafone 3g network is pretty weak and most people have complained on this issue even being in open places for extended periods, so connectivity will be a weak point for sure.

1 Like

Compatibility is one time job but if you request to deny a vehicle to charge to your pod and the vehicle has no internet connectivity, then it can still charge as the auth for the pod is not revoked

2 Likes

I can!
Just let me know

2 Likes

hi 5 :slight_smile:

I shall share my number here after some more traction on the subject so that there are more participants.

Anyone is welcome to take the lead on creating the closed community over likes of whatsapp (as it is the only forum for quick access and responses).

Even after having the group created there, it is encouraging to have this thread active so that people reading through can make up their mind and grow the community.

1 Like

We already have a WhatsApp group…

great… may be you can spread this one there?
Reason to have exclusive group so that only people who are interested be part of it. If the existing group members willing to share then there is nothing like it.

Pls suggest so that I can share my number to join such group. thanks

1 Like

Hey @khomath84 I’m from Andhra Pradesh (Tenali), so I can’t be on the list. I would definitely be on the list had I been in Bangalore.

If anyone knows about the existence of WhatsApp group of Andhra Pradesh charging points, please let me know. I have already submitted my point to PluginIndia App and awaiting approval.

3 Likes

As Ather Energy have Proprietary charging Standard .If we can sharing our Home charging point with other .We can have thousand’s of charging station … We can travel longer distances as well as we never need to think about range again

Let’s have a clear Discussion on

Open Ather Community charging grid

If more people are interested

Lets create survey

Gather information and let’s build a application

1 Like

This is the only way Ather can compete with RV 400

New UI

1 Like

Hi Siddhartha, Thanks for taking this initiative. What is your thought on cost of charging? Should this be free or with some charge?

3 Likes

Do you say this because they claim it has a better range? I tried getting the specs for RV 400 on their website to check their battery capacity. I couldn’t find any spec sheet.

My personal take on this is that these long range claims are impractical. If you look at Ather’s prediction based on the kWh/km consumption and do a regression, the predicted range is approximately 2400 Wh (battery capacity of Ather) divided by Wh/km consumed. So, if you consume about 24 Wh/km, your predicted range is 100 kms.

If you look at Okinawa and RV 400, they have a similar sized battery (2.9kWh and 3.2kWh (based on a blog) vs 2.7kWh for Ather). Assuming these battery capacities are fully usable, to be able to get 160 kms range, you’d have to drive at 18 Wh/km in Okinawa. This consumption is pretty much impractical for normal driving! It’s sad that they need to resort to such tricks to compete with Ather.

On the other hand, I completely agree with you on creating a community charging grid. There’s already an app called ‘Recharge India’ that lists all types of charging stations. Can we add our houses to that?

6 Likes