Sharing of Home charge point-Ather Community Grid

This was discussed in forum. Like two people in same apartment wants to share the pod, it’s possible.

So, you need to call Ather and let them know other vehicle detail which needs to be allowed in your pod. That’s all.

So, whoever you think you might share with, they can call and add each other.

In Long term, you need to wait for an update which allows guest mode charging thru App.

3 Likes

The easiest way to do this is to provide a power socket and keeping a portable charger handy, since in an emergency getting the pod mapped to a new ather will waste more time and patience of both the help seeker and the provider.

2 Likes

Your intentions are good, but in practicality, in near future, when lots of people have Athers’, things will get out of control. Private Ather Charger Pods can never be made ‘Open To All Athers’, unless a specific individual requests the company and explicitly agrees to make his Pod a Free Community Pod and is ready to pay the differential higher slab pricing from his/her pocket. This can be done on a case-basis, not globally.

You, I and few people will be happy to pay the differential higher slab pricing for the sake of others / community, but not everyone is ready to do that.

I feel the same way too.

1 Like

Further more, ather should be expanding their fast charging network and while the concept of having fast charging ports at malls and restaurants is good having ports at commercial shops or at enthusiastic individual home owners premises who are located in easy to access places would do more for EV adoption and we can all say bye to range anxiety.

2 Likes

You're%20Awesome

Thanks for letting know this.
It is good to know that it is possible to charge other others from a single personal pod.

So technical glitch is solved and it is just a matter of owners agreeing/willing to share with each other.

Hope @Ather.Team @tarun can confirm this?

@bcdevineni @madhusudhan.rs @others

I repeat - the idea is for HELPLESS situations where Ather owners can support each other.

Imagining of everyone running to your pods is not valid. You are selecting and authorising as to with who you want to share your point. It will be a closed group.

The range anxiety does exists today and the grid expansion won’t happen anytime soon as @tarun initially promised of 100 points by end 2018 but till date there are only 30 of them. Recent discussion with one of their representative revealed that there will be hardly 60 of them in total by end of 2019. I am sure this will be failed as their clear focus is on Chennai sales and Pune next, the grid will just not kick off aggressively anymore.

Their recent press release in the month of May 2019 (I think) says of 6500 points in next 5 years - they are not going there any close.

Coming back to the core of the subject,

I hope it is safe to count @arjun0094.2 & me to be two of home charge point owners willing to share - with each other.
@bcdevineni I see you are as well willing but I thought I check once again. Please let know.

Do we have 3 of us for now?

Let’s talk about the external factors. Shall we? :wink:

Not everything goes according to the plan. If at all it did, we would have been seeing 1000s of athers on road by now.

1 Like

By all means, you can create a new thread with that subject please?

Expansion of charging grid surely slowed down… I m aware of logistical difficulties right places and business partners…

But @Ather.Team should fast track it get the number increased soon. Take Marathahalli area and its practically impossible to go to ITPL area or phoneix market City to charge which will take easily 45 minutes…

1 Like

Dude, I’m exactly pointing to helpless situations, having a socket and portable charger is the easiest way to help. The home pod remapping will take a lot of time since getting through to customer care takes a lot of time and in cases of after working hour emergency situations remapping won’t happen. So how do you plan to handle this when the emergency does arise?

You can count me in for sharing the home pod for emergencies and also sharing a portable charger when required.

4 Likes

Great to hear your positive side

The whole idea is to first make group of people with like mind, then approach Ather to get compatibility amongst the same set of people’s charger and bike.
This ensures the compatibility is in place already, also avoids the NEED for charging adapter and socket availability to be made in addition.

In emergency situations the users talk to each other and take consent for the charging.

The whole idea is simple and purely managed with individuals will.

We can for sure discuss in detail on how to what to when to…

1 Like

The count raised to 4 now?

Yeah you can count me in.

2 Likes

I don’t want to create unnecessary threads. Even this was discussed on the open house. They said they’ll bring some solution. So wait till then.

Thanks and I hope you respect the forum’s posts and the intent and won’t deviate the subject with unnecessary responses further.

Appreciate your understanding.

I’m really trying to understand what you’re trying to convey. You’re disrespectful to other members in all your posts. You should stop it.

2 Likes

You are disrespectful with your irrelevant response to the subject.

The point is very clear, if you fail to understand please let know which part of it in specific. I shall elaborate but coming in with response like Ather has plans a b c - how are you adding any value?

You yourself say that it is unnecessary to talk about the expansion plans but still insist discussion here in this loop?

Be mature and stick to the point with respect, generalising based on my comments in other threads is not right.

Gentleman. Please refrain from making personal comments at other forum members. If you want to take a point of discussion forward that does not entail the attention of rest of us, please do so via the message option.

9 Likes