Sharing of Home charge point-Ather Community Grid

people who share their home charging pod will be adding points and the one using will be loosing points. I think their should be some kind of tracking system or else some people may take advantage of the System. Their will be achievements unlocked by point or by other Matrix to motivate People to use the Ather community grid …

I think their shouldn’t be any money
Transactions because it will again involves lot of government Requirements

The process of should be easy to Signup into Ather community grid and should be much easier to Exit also …

It’s all about community making rules and coming up with good ideas

The person who is Sharing his home pod should have all the control over his pod …

1. Sharing TIME example(24hr , morning 9am to 5pm , only night 4am to 8am )
    2)Sharing WITH (All , Only friends or block few people )
1 Like

I just saw Re-charge India App

Difference between Ather community grid and Re-charge India app

I feel Ather Community Grid should not be commercial .

In Ather Community Gird people who are sharing their Home charging pod doesn’t need to share their Mobile numbers as privacy is also very important .

It’s all about Ather community to bring rules and Ideas

Rv 400 had Swappable battery . Rv 400 even claims they will also have Mobile battery Swapping stations this Method can safe Time and also can increase the Range …
They definitely Advantage over Ather According to their claims…

Ather also have its advantages

1. Safety (battery are embedded In aluminum case)
  2. Better placement of battery
  3. batter driving experience

This is a great idea. We can come up with a specific use case and push it for Prototyping…

For which we need support of community members

I think Ather will agree with below numbers

If 25 members agree ----> They might do the testing —> Implementation will be Low priority
If 25 to 35 members agree ----> They will do the testing —> Implementation will be Medium priority
If 35 to 50 members agree ----> They will do the testing —> Implementation will be High priority

The condition can be during the test phase the electricity bill for charging the other Ather vehicles will be on the Pod owners

The good side of it is if this is Implemented there will be no range anxiety.

People who are interested please let us know in this thread… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@chethan.bn,

If all of it is done in a controlled atmosphere and the owner of the POD has rights to complete data and access, I do not think anyone would disagree to let anyone charge from his/ her Home charging POD!!! The worry right now is how to control the Atmosphere!!! How to ensure no misuse happens!!!

2 Likes

@VarunGandhi Thanks for reply… Can I have an example for controlled atmosphere… Just want to understand it clearly…

This charging facility will be only for Ather scooter and you can choose the time duration to share your charging pod…

Once we start the testing we can learn the different dimensions of this concept…

Let us know your thoughts… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@chethan.bn,

An APP or something which allows you to accept or reject a request.

Ather will have an Issue while reimbursing if your charger is used by Multiple vehicles, that needs to be sorted and once these both things are in place, I guess all of Us can actually start sharing our own PODs.

Others can throw some light if they have issues!!! I personally do not have any other problems… and would Love to be a part of this kind of feature!!!

2 Likes

I’m totally in. But unless and until Ather provides us an option to lock and unlock the pod for other Ather scooters from the app, it will be tedious process.

5 Likes

There is no issue with Ather reimbursing money if you use Ather one Subscription . How much power consumed is Calculated by The Ather 450 and that data is used for reimbursing the money .

1 Like

Currently to do the testing we need some members support… To be honest I dont think so there will be any app as of now… If we complete the testing sucessfully their can be app or option in current app…

Right now what can be done is your home location can be listed on Ather app so Ather users can see… In description they can mention charger available time and contact number…

As testing continues we can make changes

Let me know if you are okay for testing… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I can check that lock unlock option… But in description you can mention charger available time and phone number… The user will call you before he reaches your place… This is what I think any ideas are welcome… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@chethan.bn,

I am game for it. You can count me in for testing.

2 Likes

We can make sharing Charging Pod process as simple as possible with little support from AtherEnergy … I think Ather is locking vehicles from charging from other Charging pod . If we get little support from Ather we can request them to remove that lock for people who are testing Ather Community Grid . Or else there will be a pre-written email Generated text which you can copy from app and send An email to Ather asking for permission every time … I feel sharing mobile numbers of charging pod owners in mobile App is not good idea because of privacy reasons. Instead we can use WEBRTC based simple chart application to communicate … But For initial testing If we don’t have any other option then we may share our mobile numbers And we may face some Discomforts As we are the initial tester of Ather Community Grid … Later Sharing will Be as simple as few clicks on app and with complete privacy…

3 Likes

Great Thanks for the support… :+1:

1 Like

This is great I am learning lot of things… Sure we can explore WEBRTC application

1 Like

We can start off with a telegram group, where phone numbers are not needed to join. Whoever wants to use or contribute to the community grid can join. If you have a need, drop a message on the group and whoever is available and willing can respond back?

What do you think? If this works well with a current set of users, we an definitely make a case to Ather to try working on this.

3 Likes

I am okay with this idea as well… :+1:

1 Like

I have a telegram group already. Just find Ather450

1 Like

In this digital age, you guys are still talking about sending telegrams!

5 Likes

I see what you did there :sweat_smile:
Genius saaar. Here’s a cookie from my side :cookie:

1 Like

Turn your phone side ways while watching

1 Like