Share your feedback on the pricing of 450X!

Those who do not than 40 km per day could break even with first plans. But that’s not the case for most others. So for her few cases, the first plans are a win, esp if you spend more than like ₹1800n on petrol alone per month.

Musk asserted that "The strategy of Tesla is to enter at the high end of the market, where. customers are prepared to pay a premium, and then drive down market as fast as possible. " (Musk, 2006). This is your Tesla owner own version how he created. . Premium Connectivity charges u know & u are comparing with “complexly plan” it is simple Now come to Ather why searching for comparison with other business models. Ather pricing business is clear aloud & no other companies in India do so much & still listens to its owners - please keep hyperbolically.

3 Likes

My vote is for option 2.

2 Likes

For a person with monthly commute of 1000kms,then upfront with zero subscription will be best.The cost will breakeven(when compared to petrol vehicle) only at 10th year. (Assumptions - 1 battery replacement, per km electricity cost of Rs0.1, maintenance cost for both petroleum and EV neglected, petrol vehicle cost of 80k, Mileage of petrol vehicle is 50kms and EV as 70kms, petrol cost of Rs75/ltr).

We’ll probably have to extrapolate the price of petrol (expect to skyrocket, unless an alternate fuel comes in) and the price of the battery pack (expect to decrease as technology is improving) and of electricity (might increase lightly, as per trend)

If everything nullified or average out,breakeven may happen @ less than 10yrs.

1 Like

I think subscription option 2 is much better than buying upfront and zero subscription. You get all the ather services and free unlimited battery replacement and the cost will only catch up to the upfront + zero subscription at the end of 10 years(factoring in the battery replacements needed with the upfront purchase). So until 10 years this will be cheaper along with all the ather benefits.

3 Likes

Ather may consider telling an option for extended warranty (for another 3yrs) for upfront purchase also.

Let them tell about it first like how they proposed these plans. Then we can see.

I think the best way to go is the MRP way… MY REVOLT PLAN. WHY CAN’T THEY DO THAT. I HAD ALREADY SUGGESTED THAT LONG BACK. @Ather.Team is happy with 1.5L and users are happy that it is complete EMI… pay 4k per month which includes everything. WIN-WIN situation. Since @Ather.Team is all ears now. I am reposting that video here.

3 Likes

For a person who rides very less, extended warranty or zero subscription may be better.Whenever they come up with plans, they should come with extended warranty plan also. @abhishek.balaji pls consider extended warranty plan options also.

1 Like

I settled for 450 (delivery expected shortly) for the very reason that my ride distance per day is just 18km. No subscription will do justice to me. May be I would cosnider 450X or a superior model from Ather san subscription after a few years. Ather may need to revisit their plans so that the end user stands benefited.

2 Likes

here more about your info of tesla Tesla’s electric vehicles aren’t cheap, but for years drivers have been able to charge up their Teslas quickly and for free at thousands of free Tesla Supercharger stations. and now they stopped and they charge & plans & pricing you too well aware of it

Have to say with this new update. leaving all bias aside

Rs 1,29,000 and a subscription of Rs 1,099 makes sense, its closer to Ather one that we pay now and a much nicer product alternative to 450. You have my vote for this, will not cancel if implemented

12 Likes

Similar to ather one but without service.But as ather is giving 1yr free service, this will be similar to ather one for 1yr.

Usually when a company launches subscription plans, the attraction to the end user is the lower entry barrier. So you either pay a big amount to buy outright, or pay less and then keep paying the monthly subscription. For the company, the advantage is that they get a steady predictable income every month.

In the case of the 450x however, both the outright purchase, as well as the subscription purchase are costly.

IMO, if you make the entry price very low (like probably 50K or something) and then charge higher monthly subscription (probably around 3K), people would be willing to pay for it. Or you can go completely crazy and don’t charge any downpayment (maybe a refundable amount of 50K) and then charge 5K per month for the subscription. I think people would opt for that. I think Ather should investigate if something like this makes more sense than asking the user to pay more than 1 lakh and then continue paying a monthly subscription.

2 Likes

I have to replace my 6 year old TVS Wego and i collected the data from existing users. Please confirm whether my calculation is correct.

I think i should have go for TVS Ntorq!! I still haven’t cancelled my 450x booking.

4 Likes

I agree regarding the down payment.

Ather sees Subscriptions are attractive for 2 sets of users.

1. Set 1 - People who cant afford Outright purchase - Instead of Loan or Lease, they can use the subscription with 99k+ Downpayment. By this they get flexibility (Pro / Plus), Unlimited Battery Warranty, Pause.

But I think the downpayment should be so low for some one who can see subscription as attractive…

But the moment some one is ready to pay 1L or 1.15L or 1.25L, then the subscription is not attractive anymore… Because you can pay the remaining as well… So I think 99k is too high to be considered as Low.

1. Set 2 - People who has no problem about the upfront cost. But, those who wants Flexibility in choosing Plus / Pro, Pause, Battery Warranty.

In my assumption, this is very low% of users. Even for them, It overlaps with the benefits of Lease. So, the only exclusive benefit left is: Unlimited battery warranty.

So, if u want that benefit, go for it with the lowest monthly cost.

2 Likes

Here is a calculation chart for light users(<30kms/day).Seems Option -2 is better.But when compared with petroleum vehicle,Petrol vehicle will be cheaper. .

4 Likes

Yes, the Plan 2 (outlined in the beginning of this discussion) is really good.

What worries me is that it is still exploratory :slight_smile:.

Really hoping that Ather makes it a publicly available option.

2 Likes