Share your feedback on the pricing of 450X!

Excellent point.

That’s the reason, before the 450X launch event i was thinking two models gonna be present,

One is the present 450 and other the premium 450x,

450 - 1.2L Onroad and 450X - 1.5L Onroad

So value for money will be the 450, and whoever what that bells and whistles with all features could go for the 450X, could had been awesome and simple.

But the subscription, software limitation, phasing out of 450, everything became the largest mess in 450X Launch event.

2 Likes

Ya that’s totally understandable - Ather connect / service / charge / one - is up to the user to choose as per their usage.

I have no complains about this, and it’s perfect.

One suggestion would be, None option in future, If users wants to opt to none of the plans, if he don’t even wants OTA or Connectivity, there should be an option to choose.

1 Like

I do hope you continue to participate in the community and share your feedback. We recognise the 450X might not be for everyone, and hope we’ll be able to get you to come on board in the future!

Yep, we mentioned this in the open houses as well. Selling the 450 at the current prices would not have been sustainable, hence the increase in price. This is important to continue providing the great products and experiences :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can still do that today on the upfront payment option. You’ll still get any critical fixes and updates at the service centre.

1 Like

Can you make it work like the way the subscription plans work? For those who buy upfront and see a good feature (not power or Speed, as per rto regulations), an upgrade pack will be of great help both ways. Some new Bluetooth feature, extra button functions, etc.

So we have this None option for 450 as well as 450X ?

i.e No need to choose connect / service / charge / one and no need to pay any amount yearly

Tarun had promised no packages needed on a Twitter post.

Being explored, but we do plan to separate out the hardware if there’s enough demand for the 450X Plus, so it wouldn’t work out in that case.

2 Likes

Yep. For early owners, Ather One was anyway complimentary for the first year for some, and Ather Service for the owners after. Not mandatory after that expires :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i am happy with full payment of 450X PRO 159000 & go for monthly subscription plan

Thats perfect !

Why do you want to pay fully upfront and also pay monthly subscription :expressionless:

3 Likes

because i know ather very well that the bonus & this depends on indulgent choices :grin::grinning:

1 Like

Guys tbh, The subscription option 2 sounds amazing, even better than buying upfront. I have made an excel sheet combining all the costs of different subscriptions and models, including the 450. Please check it out and tell me if I missed anything.

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji , please make subscription option 2 a real option. That will be great!:grin:

8 Likes

I could see connected services and over the air updates…how about maintenance…I don’t see anything mentioned about the same!!

1 Like

It should have been very simple and transparent like 450.

450X with upfront price of INR 159000 and Ather yearly subscription plans of Connect, Charge, Service and One.

Confusion in granular level of pricing, subscription and performance limitation blah blah resulted in cancellation of the X. The Service plan pricing is not so final even for upfront price and + 400/month for public charging, OTA updates and connected service. It could have been so straight INR 4800/ year like 450 subscription plans.

3 Likes

Ather Service plans are still being worked on, not yet disclosed.

It’s really unfortunate what ather has done with the 450x plus (both subscription and upfront) not adding the Bluetooth and other smart feature is a little sad and people will not like it. But with the proposal of the subscription option 2, it would be like paying ather one(subscription benefits and opting for ather service as well) + 6000 extra each year for the battery warrenty. I see this as an absolute win, if it comes in as a real option. This would bring the cost of 450x comparable to that of a petrol scooter while also not having to worry about the battery degradation. I think this was the balance that ather was lacking with the 450x unveiling. If ather does carry out with the subscription option 2. I believe 450x pro will be a hit across the Indian market. @Ather.Team and @abhishek.balaji, you did tell that you were working for better plans and now you have provided with them. Thank you very much This is an absolute win for 450x pro… For 450x plus not so much.

1 Like

Existing plan 99k itself is fine

1 Like

Sir, Could you please explain how it is better than the ones which are offered here today? Other than the upfront being lesser. You’ll end up paying more in the long run.