Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

It has been clarified, do check the first post in this thread:

@abhishek.balaji
Good morning
Can you please give some information regarding leasing options for 450x ( Mumbai )

1 Like

Good morning! :yawning_face:

We’re working with a leasing partner for this, and don’t have the exact plans yet. We’ll update the website and announce it here as soon as we know!

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response

1 Like

Well, I am planning to buy 3 nos of 450x, one for me and another two for my brother and sister we all are working from our home office remotely for us based clients, our basement have wifi signal in full strength,so I think in my case if we can add wifi module three can use our existing connection. It makes more sense instead of pay recurring payment every month what we have already.

Hello @abhishek.balaji @tarun @Ather.Team

Shed some more light on the below tweet

2 Likes

This doesn’t seems to be useful charges remain the same… We still need to opt for it… :grimacing: What’s the logic… :joy: :joy: Also, what will be the cost in Chennai?

I am spending 1200 for petrol. 14400 yearly. If I take ather one subscription I have to pay 8400+gst.so 10000 yearly I pay for ather. I will get reimbursement for home charging units . Even same amount also I will spend like ICE still I saved the environment which more than money

2 Likes

The price is after subsidy is what ather tells, but yeah valid point, if the ex showroom price is more than 1.5 lakhs then no subsidy. If it is including subsidy the prices should be lesser.

1 Like

@Ather.Team,

What do you mean by no Subscription. Does that mean no pro or plus subscription? All options are available for all the 450x owners ?

If you buy the scooter upfront, “no subscription is mandatory”.

Return after 1 Year.

I was a huge fan of a start-up when they launched and pre-booked initially for an Ather 450 (Id: 1888), was overexcited and everything a newbie for an EV owner could be on what they had advertised.

After a long long delay…dang I had seen all the series of Lord of the rings, Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, DC, and Marvel… the delivery was nowhere in picture or discussion. Canceled the booking after a long discussion with the Ather personnel who tried to tell me that I am going to miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The delay only caused me to be a petrol head and deplete the fossil fuel, don’t blame me…I had no other choice. :wink: (waiting has ever been my strength).

I am happy but not the same when I test rode Ather 450…sorry the physics of a god damn electric engine is always better than a fuel-powered engine underneath your manhood. That adrenaline is unforgettable.

450X advertisements started trickling into my mailbox, my enthu and go-Bl**dy-green, initial feel of adrenaline kicked back into my everyday environmental depleting mindset(own a fossil-fueled ride :(). Was over-impressed to think of the upgrades and what not possible implemented on the 450.

There came the banger on the fanatics… the unesscarry, overpriced subscription model.

I pay X amount, you give hardware that is capable of doing Y parameters but the subscriptions of Z amount will vary the goddam Y parameter.

Instagram description of your explanation does not really justify the facts. A few quick queries:

1. How long do I need to pay for the subscription?
  2. What is covered in the upfront few of pro and plus? apart from the monthly subscription.
  3. When the hardware is the same for pro and plus, why the limit is via software just for a mere 300 rupees? what difference does it make in the battery life?
  4. What is the EOL on the battery?
  5. What happens when the battery performs less than 80% within the first 3 years of the complete payment plan?
  6. Is there a return and upgrade plan when a new model is released?
  7. When I pay for the complete amount initially what is covered and why OTA not covered which is more of a firmware updates\fine tunes to the hardware components already sold? Why charge extra to fine-tune the hardware sold which is no customizable by the end-user?

No way I am going to bare the freaking X amount or the Z amount. This is a Joke to me.

I really do apologize for Ather, this is a rip off and only a Ponzi scheme for me. The initial picture showed (Mona Lisa) and the final picture produced( who knows) is completely different.

This is my personal opinion, I am going to follow you as an enthusiastic of technology but never going to invest M into your business.

11 Likes

:laughing:

For questions on pricing: https://forum.atherenergy.com/c/faqs/450x-purchase

For questions on product and specs: Product & Specifications - Ather Community

For battery: 450X: Battery - Ather Community

Thank you for sharing the links but the complex subscription model still does not justify nor answer my queries.

1 Like

I believe any upgrade should be better than before one. There’s no need of Plus version, this is as same as previous 450. If 2 riders owning 450 & 450 X-plus meets and talk, the performance of both are same, may be different colours, that’s it. But 450X guy paid more(much more).
Just launch 450X at its full performance ie PRO, and decide your price structure.

2 Likes

According to Ather they are making loss in 450 that’s why they will discontinue it near future, instead of that 450x plus will be available for purchase.

Which means people who have 450 should stick with it PERIOD. Get battery replaced when it fails.

People who seek thrill riding should buy (powerful Ather 450x at a effective price of 2 lakhs) LOL Never. Buy a Apache RR310 at 2.4 lakhs, else a simple chetak or iqube will suffice. If you are seeking electric benefits and thinking between 2 and 4 wheels, then the nexon ev sounds amazing for the price

4 Likes

Buying 3 no.s? “Chappaale👏”

Subscription is optional if you go for upfront purchase options at 1.5L or 1.6L. You can choose to take the optional connectivity/charging/service packages.

The subscription model of 99k + 1.7/2k per month offers a flexible way to own your scooter, without worrying about battery degradation or inconsistent performance, by offering unlimited warranty.

If you purchase it upfront, you get the scooter and home charger. Both of the scooter and the battery come with 3 year warranty.

It’s to provide a cheaper option for those who don’t want the full feature set or performance of the 450X Pro.

We offer a 3 year, unlimited kms warranty on the battery pack, if you purchase the 450X upfront. This means, within 3 years, if your battery life goes under 70%, we’ll replace it for free. Battery life depends a lot of on your riding behaviours, environmental factors and time.

Within 3 years on the upfront purchase option, if your battery life goes below 70%, we replace it under warranty.

Nothing we can commit now. However, for those who own a 450 now, we’re working on an exchange option.

Answered above on what is covered. You’ll still get critical fixes for the components, but new features and improvements would be available only when you take a connectivity plan.

The connectivity plans are not just for data, but pay for the software development costs, data storage and pipeline costs and 4G data. This is not mandatory, and you’ll still get critical fixes if you choose not to opt for any data plan.

On WiFi, the hardware on the 450X dashboard is not suitable for use with mobile hotspots or conventional mobile networks. It exists only to allow Bluetooth and some connected features to functions better.