Setting up Your Home Charging Point

Why didn’t you reject the defective item - if you were present during installation?

This is 2005 and the document is not readable. Not sure where from you picked those lines.

@Shreyas - looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey @khomath84,

Please refer to the page 720 on the following link.

https://archive.org/details/nationalbuilding01

But In my case it was different ather guys showed up and they did as I said. I told them to install mcb inside the house bcz it will be easy to turn off for my parents they don’t need to come down to switch it off if I forget some times…

Thanks @Shreyas, looks like you are mis quoting chases as drilling holes. The limits you mentioned are ONLY for the CHASES. Marked in yellow in the image.

The one in red mark is what I consider fits for columns.

In effect… there is no CLEAR PASS to drill the holes in the columns. You ought to get consent from the project engineer before drilling.

Btw, is this factor mentioned in the consent form while you take up this work? Is it something you can share here?

The effects are realized only in long term, concentrated stress points are devils. Many might find this silly that we are arguing for couple of tiny holes in pillar.

Better solution for mounting on pillar… there are few very good options which calls for ZERO damage of the structure. Use of prefab base with mount points, which can be simply tied to the column with metallic tie strips which are adjustable (one time use only) or as simple as long bolt system which is reusable.

The ref image is for illustration purpose only…

6 Likes

I asked him to leave the cover on before he left and didn’t bother checking it. Saw it much later.

The point is…if they claim to be so good in what they do then I’m quite surprised to see this.

1 Like

hope it is just one of case…

Did you ask them to for a replacement? I am sure they would oblige.

Home charger got installed yesterday.

Awaiting for delivery soon…

5 Likes

Not yet. Will call them tomorrow and find out.

So sorry to hear this… Guess you are the unlucky one. Please approach customer care, I am sure they will respond.

1 Like

Contacted them. Getting the replacement tomorrow.

2 Likes

Finally, my charging point got installed yesterday…pheww . Boy oh boy, it must have been the most complicated and time taking installation so far as told by Ather installation engineer Lokesh. With the total length of cable approximating 120 meters with multiple bends and turns it took almost 8 hours for the team to get done with it.

Special thanks to Lokesh and his team. What a commendable job they have done. I can proudly say, I witnessed a top notch service quality with uber professionalism and excellent skills with attention to details. Hard to believe its in India. They came on time, and managed everything on their own interacting with our apartment electrician. had their own water and lunch pack as well. Not even a single screw was missed, all the wires properly lugged. Each length of pipe checked for proper alignment and what not. Hats off to them :pray:. Like someone else also mentioned, cleaned the place perfectly before leaving. Now my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow 2 PM :slight_smile:

Here is the a little sample of the amount of cabling work done (3rd floor to 2nd basement with no straight duct):

Yellow line indicates the cable fitting. I got my RCCB installed inside the home instead in the basement.

16 Likes

It looks like complicated spider network… Yes, Lokesh is a amazing a guy and he does fantastic job.

8 Likes

@Shreyas any response?

1 Like

Uploading: IMG_20190223_103420.jpg…

Got the charging point installed at home today. Though I am the only person who got the point after delivery. Because early i though of using portable adapter would suffice my need. But experience is awesome while using the POD for charging your ather

3 Likes

Got my Ather delivery today, but after getting back home I tried charging with the Ather home charging point but it turns to red 10 seconds after it starts charging and the charging stops and I can hear a click-click sound inside the pod.

Tried with the charging cable as well… and charging cable glows red. What might be the problem?!

2 Likes

There is a problem with charger or key is in on mode so pls call Ather