🚀 Rolling out Atherstack 5.2

Please visit EC again and talk to them and send a email to Ather as well

2 Likes

update not received I have purchase gen 3.1 on 25 January 2023 cosmic black software running on dashboard dropkick 4.0 every time I’ll check but no update received.

Yes I use test flight beta version.

And Finally after a looo….ng wait. I received my dashboard update.

No complaints though for receiving late. Since many issues were addressed before I received the update.:grin:

My friend experience with UI is smooth.

I personally liked the UI during my community day presence only. So no complaints on that front from me.

Maps working without lag and the direction indicator is working fine. Bluetooth connectivity is smooth and no hiccups (issues due to app and dashboard software version compatibility are resolved). Font sizes are ok for me personally, they are as I expected to be (differs user to user).

My only complaint is screen brightness. This downgraded a lot compared to previous versions and little too difficult to read the screen while riding. Hope this will be addressed in next update.

By the way this is series-1 vehicle means Gen-2 so no hill hold (I am fine with it though) and so no observations.

Edit:

1. small improvement they did on calls front is that now even while making a call once it is received at the other end we can see it at the left corner which is a small but a nice addition (previously not available)

2. Vector Maps is good and the live traffic too. But the blue line indicating the route is too thick and hiding the traffic information, thus diluting the whole purpose of live traffic.

I understand from where they are coming (as google dumps all the traffic data they want to differentiate the route), but the line should be thin so that we can utilise the live traffic data.

4 Likes

This both depreciated features is the disappointment in the new update. It’s clear they want to make us buy Connect Subscription without which even basic efficiency won’t be shown in the scooter dashboard unlike before.

The new Map is good but automatically changes perspective, road going side or upside down makes it unusable. I used trip B for checking my ride for each full charge which I cannot do anymore. As other users pointed out, the font size of Battery SoC % is too small when riding (or rather no contrast to read it easily)

4 Likes

today on my gen 2 received 5.2 update. its been one month since the community day when I got the new update and there are quite a few changes . the maps respond better and the charging percentage on charging screen has come back . I had seen the option of optimised charging in mine and after clicking it it showed the 3 slides of instruction but it was not switching on and after switching off the key and then switching on it disappeared . hoping it comes soon…

1 Like

Charging time display is inaccurate and not updated even the displayed time lapses. In the image above, I was supposed to get 56km expected range by 1:36pm, but got only 48km range when I checked at 1:46pm.

There is NO ride mode information either, I wish the ride mode is displayed on this charging screen too though I could check on the mobile app, or after charging gun is removed.

5 Likes

Maps live traffic is not working after the recent update. Anyone else have this issue?

2 Likes

Hi, Today morning got updated for Atherstack 5.2 for my 450x 3 gen brought 3 weeks back.

1. Hill hold option was not shown on dash board
  2. Looks ok for navigation part
  3. Evening when I start the vehicle Ather logo keep on blinking on the screen and dashboard not appearing. I tried restarting few times but no use .
4 Likes

Totally agree to this pushing of updates mandatorily without the customers consent. I am already planning to raise the issue in the consumer forum if they don’t provide an option to revert back to previous version. The realtime efficiency was the starlit feature alongwith the speed indication font size is just too small to recognise with my peripheral vision. It requires you to stare at the screen to know your actual speed and this increasing the probability of accident if you end up checking your speed and the speed tickets are being charged very actively in Mysore and Bangalore to the best of experience I’ve seen.

7 Likes

I think the jio network coverage in the area you park your vehicle overnight is poor. Kindly park the vehicle at a place with better mobile network coverage. Me being gen2 also recieved the update. There might be some problem

my location has jio 5g network, no network issue on my packing side

2 Likes

3 Likes

I got an update 5.2 but still autohold not there

Updated my gen 2 scooter to new version a few days back and even to 5.2 but have noticed some lag during music switch options and Bluetooth even noticed that after unplugging my vehicle from charger the lights start first and the display later which was not the case earlier

2 Likes

This is my first update after purchasing 450x on Jan , while installing the update everytime it shows verifying the update and next it shows installing the update, so is it normal for guys also @tarun.

2 Likes

Hey just now I fixed it with some help from YouTube Just restart your Ather by holding both brakes + ignition switch for 10 sec then it will restart. Then do the update manually will take upto 2min for the update to reflect in setting and around 30min to get updated

3 Likes

Please vote at: Need average trip efficiency back on dashboard if you agree. Not sure, if topic is easily viewable / accessible. Hence, posting link here.

8 Likes

@shyam.mohan i have got the latest update n map function on Ather is not usable. It really sucks . Please bring update to fix Map. Arrow always shows opposite direction in which vehicle is moving . After update it has become useless for Ather owners.

3 Likes

I purchased Gen 2 in May 2022. Today got. 5.2 update.

3 Likes

Same issue here, I would like the Ather team to look into this and fix it as soon as possible :sweat_smile:

1 Like