Regenerative Braking Tips!

I have a gen 3 450x and have problem with regen.

If I twist the throttle in the opposite direction in a slope, I can feel scooter slowing down, but after some time it does a free wheel. And scooter speed increases!! Very scary!! So I have stopped using regen!!

Any one facing the same issue?

4 Likes

It’s because regen does not work below 20kmph speed.

2 Likes

I faced the same thing. In my case it didn’t slow down rather accelerated like in Warp mode. There was an issue with the throttle and complete wiring harness. They changed it and the issue got resolved. You may want to visit the Service Centre.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/pickup-in-reverse-throttle-regen/19812?u=prateeksuri

3 Likes

I own a gen 3 the regen stars below 86% battery and works even below 20 kmph for me.

7 Likes

I too get regen below 20kmph, but when I go at more than 60kmph regen doesn’t kick at once, it takes few seconds for regen start while twisting throttle in backwards…

4 Likes

May be like the auto rikshaws reverse gear lever? :grin:

3 Likes

All fun and games untill it goes 90 in reverse Cough (0\a) cough :mask: dam it’s cold

2 Likes

mine completely stops with regen

4 Likes

that is because the post is 2 years old and Ather since then has changed a lot of settings

2 Likes

Yes same here

20kmph is too high a speed for speed breakers in pune. @abhishek.balaji. Even on empty roads i need to apply brakes where regen to 10kmph or even 0 could easily avoid braking and also save more energy. Can you please check if this can be done

4 Likes

you own a 450x, Regen will be available right from >5km, the post is way old newer software has changed settings.

4 Likes

Yes. Just got delivery on sunday 12th feb. 450x gen3. But somehow i feel the regeneration stops below 20. Charge level is never above 80% as i have enabled the charge limit option

3 Likes

Try it in smart eco mode. Many owners have reported that it works till the scooter stops, not sure though but the newer stack 5.0 may have changed the setting again. Wait for Advance Regen option, which will come in future updates.

1 Like

Yeah, with Atherstack 5 regen no long works till standstill. no regen below 2-3km/h i feel

3 Likes

I have actually have had mixed experiences with Regen on the Gen3.1, sometimes it’s a complete miss and doesn’t slow down, and other times it’s worked very well and slows down aggressively. Anyone has similar experience or shed some light what could be the reason?

4 Likes

Regen seems to work more agressive under 50kmph than speeds above. This has been my observation.

5 Likes

Yep!!I own a Gen 3 and beyond 50kmph I don’t get the speed slowing down as aggressive as it does below 50kmph…

5 Likes

I may have experienced the same too! Hopefully we get Advanced Regen soon, and have more control over the braking.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather 450X Discussions