Regenerative Braking Tips!

Is the regen managed entirely in software, or does it have hardware implications too for updates?

3 Likes

How do you apply regeneration ? By twisting throttle or not applying brakes at all ?

1 Like

Twisting throttle

2 Likes

Does regen on Ather has depth Or is it just binary ( on and off) ?

2 Likes

Binary…It can’t be adjusted…

3 Likes

Regen is very hard to twist exleter revirse, it should be soft.

6 Likes

There are apparently two regen modes as mentioned in posts elsewhere. The “hard” regen happens when you twist the throttle in the reverse direction to the maximum extent (around 5° of play to that side) and the “soft” regen happens when you just start twisting to that side or start applying brakes. Both kick in only if you batt is below 85% and your speed is above 20 kmph.

2 Likes

did they change those settings in 450x/+ AFAIK they work in 12a/Hr in twisting the throttle in the opposite direction and 5a / hr when brakes are applied. there won’t be a soft or 5a / hr regen when twisting the throttle in reverse as there is no POT, and there is only one micro switch to activate the regen, also in 450 it works only when speed is >25km/hr and battery below 87%. maybe they updated those ones.

4 Likes

i test drove the Gen2 few months ago and it had the thing where the regen would stop under 20km/h.

However with my Gen3, regen works till standstill! it can even hold the scooter at slight declines (if i twist the throttle at 0 speed).

surprisingly nobody has mentioned that on forums yet.

6 Likes

Well I did. And someone did mention it’s not about Regen and it may damage the scooter.

2 Likes

Welp, looks like I need to me more active :3 How would it damage?

2 Likes

Is regen cutting off or reduce when applying with brakes?

1 Like

This way it works

4 Likes

Gotta try holding the scooter with just regen

1 Like

I have noticed that “hard” regen turns “soft” when the brakes are applied. Probably something like a semi-bug because it affects linear deceleration on calculated slowdowns. Sometimes it creates a tiny panic when the expected deceleration suddenly changes. The team might have to look at this.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed it too, feels like tapping brakes = regen cutoff.

It was a learning curve and pretty unnatural, but now gotten used to not using brakes and regen together anymore. Most of the times I only use regen to stop and the remaining 10% of the times is friction brakes. Helps me average 23wh/km on daily rides!

I hope they improve it, so tapping brakes + reverse throttle = max regen.

4 Likes

Can’t understand this,you mean applying brakes activates regen??..If so, what’s the procedure for it simply if we apply brakes does the vehicle start to regen coz I have never noticed this earlier…

They should provide a Indication on the dashboard which will help us a lot to know if its in re-gen mode.

4 Likes

I own a gen 3 so when you even slightly touch the brakes you can feel the vehicle slowing down and it’s not the brake pads rubbing. But the motor slowing it down although the regen feels quite less as compared to regen felt while using the reverse throttle technique.

1 Like

Ohh finee!!

+1

There could be something like the tyre pressure hazard indicator when regen occurs or a green color light over the realtime efficiency when the regen occurs…

7 Likes