Regenerative Braking Tips!

I am with Gen 2 and jealous…! :joy:

4 Likes

Perfect :+1::+1:

2 Likes

i discovered one more way to regen i.e. by rotating throttle in opposite direction. But wondering if it works if battery is charged more than 80 percent…

2 Likes

It is a default way to activate regen. It works when the SOC is below 84%.

5 Likes

what is SOC?

4 Likes

State Of Charge. Battery percentage in simple words

4 Likes

I bought Ather 450x Gen3 last week. For initial 4 days the rolling was very good after I leave throttle/accelerator. Now rolling has reduced and feel like something is holding back scooter. Is it due to regeneration?? I never activated it nor I twisted throttle in opposite direction. This happens each time I drive now.

2 Likes

Check your brakes. Check if the disk is getting hot without applying brakes, especially the front.

3 Likes

as battery soc decreases below 86% Ather auto applies regen slightly untill 17% when you start notcing it while braking so charge to 100 and check if roll is good as you remember

1 Like

Abhishek ji I don’t think Ather has given any regen option in its models till gen 3.1. The upcoming newer models might have the option of throttling in opposite dir but gen 3.1 scooters don’t have this option neither does the scooter display any message that regen is working.

It isn’t coming either. So :hugs:

Yes. Felt th same

So basically, Regen also works when you tap the brake but that one is low regen and throttle one is high Regen The problem is with the prioritisation where if the throttle regen is activated then it should keep that activated even if brakes have been pressed but as of tapping the brake overwrites the high regen to the lower one.

It’s actually miss on the software side. Btw brake regen works in conjunction with the brake light switch which activates brake light when you brake

4 Likes

Regen works, try twisting throttle in opposite direction if you are below 85% charge you will see scooter slow down and it gains charge. It won’t show any indication though. Gen2 and above can try.

1 Like

After the 5.8 update I was able to see REGEN working but since yesterday its not, any new news about it getting disabled? Or anyone else too find it!

I feel that there is a difference in throttling if we use caoasting regen. Using regen the throttling is harder and with out regen vehicle is moving smoothly.

1 Like

Does regenerative braking damage brake pad. I want to know

1 Like

no it does the opposite. Also gets you more range.

Regen > Disc Braking

1 Like

Regenerative braking is the Petrol equivalent of engine braking.

With the added advantage of recouping power because the motor turns into a generator, using the kinetic energy of the scooter, converting motion into electricity. This is fed back into your battery pack.

But before you get very excited, the percentage of power that can added back to your battery is capped at about 4%, so not a lot for a 2w battery pack.

3 Likes

86.5% SOC to be precise.:smile:

1 Like