Regenerative Braking Tips!

Never ever do that. A big no to switching off engine be it EV or ICE. Not safe. Not even for experimental purposes.

12 Likes

Hi I feel that the back break of my 450X has become bit loose so what can I do?

5 Likes

Please do not wait for too long. You can take it to the service center and get it done.

4 Likes

Will there be any indication in the display during regen !?

3 Likes

No. You can only feel it.

3 Likes

Does regen not work with SOC 20%, Sports mode?

3 Likes

I ride in Sports mode and i can feel the braking when i reverse the throttle. A regen popup or some sort of regeneration in action on display would be a welcome feature.

6 Likes

You can use shortcut to park assist with the combination of brakes and the other buttons.

5 Likes

Dude if. You release throttle and get regen it will be like applying breaks we also ride in the way where we don’t wanna apply break and also let the scooter go freely

6 Likes

OMG, I had no idea we had this on 450. Personally I don’t use park assist that much. But Everytime I used to show people that you need to swipe the park assist feature :man_facepalming:.

4 Likes

What exactly is regen ??

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry didn’t get you??

Regen is a way to convert kinetic energy to electrical energy and charge the scooter. Here is a explanation.

In Ather the limit is set most likely to 0.7 kW/hr. For non-technical people a simple understanding is that a motor is always a motor and a generator, when power is given it’s a motor and when power is taken it’s a generator.

So when given throttle, the power is consumed by motor to move forward. And when you have achieved certain speed above 25km/hr and you want to slow down you can twist the throttle in reverse, the motor starts to comsume kinetic energy(motion) to bring power back to the battery acting as a generator. This is a simplest way of putting it to the understanding.

9 Likes

But how much it generates actually I have using for past 1 month but not seen any growth :chart_with_upwards_trend: in battery percentage and I use it every time I break

2 Likes

Regen in Ather is very low, so yeah you can’t experience Inc in battery perc

1 Like

If you do not see loss of % over a long distance during mileage runs, you will not be able to increase in % over a long distance too. I would like to explain more, but i need a while to put the math right.

1 Like

The current limit is set as 12 Ah, this means unless we keep on using the regen all the time before braking, you will not see a charge increase in the scooter. A custom Regen setting (High, Medium, Low) was requested a long time ago, but they never bought it.

5 Likes

Yes it is must have feature but don’t know why Ather is not working on that or maybe working on @abhishek.balaji can you please update ?

Because now every brand improving there Regenerative braking like OLA they announced Improved Regenerative braking on MOVE OS 3.0.

1 Like

Regenerative braking on Ather is there only for namesake. We have long requested an adjustable regen setting, which they seem to ignore.

5 Likes