Regenerative Braking Tips!

This is much awaited feature. Also it is better to add indication of the cumulative of regeneration gained

5 Likes

still I donā€™t see any updateā€¦ itā€™s almost half year past.

#It will be great to have an indication of how much battery we have gained back by regen maybe in the ride statistics.

9 Likes

Its not the worth dude. The batteryā€™s capacity is 2.6 kWh. There is so little you get back that it will go unnoticeable. Having said that, do you know you can still figure out how much you got back?

4 Likes

Yes noticed, continuosly using regeneration for 1km in downhill will generate 1% itā€™s my personal experienceā€¦ itā€™s not possible to have in local ride to regeneration as we had in downhill.

If we have an indication and regen statistics it could be betterā€¦

6 Likes

No, how do we figure out how much we got back?

3 Likes

Keep an eye on the range displayed and how much you have actually travelled in the trip, you will see the predicted range will go up . You can then compare it with the original range you started with you will find how more you got back. Sorry my math skills suck. :joy:

5 Likes

OhšŸ˜… got itā€¦ I was thinking in wh/km gains but yeah I have noticed that range stays the same for continuously driving for another 1 or 2 kms downhill sometimes.

I was wondering what if we drive with 10wh/km then even ather can go 260+ kmsšŸ˜›, is achieving 15 to 20 wh/km impossible?

@atherenergy1 If only there was a live display of efficiency in wh/km we could have easily adjusted our driving style to become more efficient when we need more range, to extract more kms, it is a must have for an EV

2 Likes

Heres an example of me driving down the hills of Khandala.

4 Likes

Wow, 12.5wh/km but it was downhill, I was thinking downhill consumes ~0 wh/km, seems like normal driving on flat roads cannot give us below 20wh/km

But if we switch off the motor downhill then we can achieve 0 right?

Did you used regen while downhill? Theoretically that should give efficiency in negative numbers :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Never ever do that. A big no to switching off engine be it EV or ICE. Not safe. Not even for experimental purposes.

12 Likes

Hi I feel that the back break of my 450X has become bit loose so what can I do?

5 Likes

Please do not wait for too long. You can take it to the service center and get it done.

4 Likes

Will there be any indication in the display during regen !?

3 Likes

No. You can only feel it.

3 Likes

Does regen not work with SOC 20%, Sports mode?

3 Likes

I ride in Sports mode and i can feel the braking when i reverse the throttle. A regen popup or some sort of regeneration in action on display would be a welcome feature.

6 Likes

You can use shortcut to park assist with the combination of brakes and the other buttons.

5 Likes

Dude if. You release throttle and get regen it will be like applying breaks we also ride in the way where we donā€™t wanna apply break and also let the scooter go freely

6 Likes

OMG, I had no idea we had this on 450. Personally I donā€™t use park assist that much. But Everytime I used to show people that you need to swipe the park assist feature :man_facepalming:.

4 Likes

What exactly is regen ??

2 Likes