Range of the Ather 450

thats the exact reason Ather tells us to charge daily … battery has its own idle drain, we can not assume it will behave consistently for entire 0-100% SOC
anyway you have learnt a lesson now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done more than 7.5k kms. Earlier, i could manage this travel cycle charging every three days once. Now it seems this has dropped drastically. At the end of the first day, i used to see SoC 10% more than the recent one. Similarly, at the end of second day.

Is it the average distance traveled on daily basis?

Daily I am traveling 5 to 10km only. In this case I have to charge my Ather every day… it is mandatory to increase the battery life??? Please clarify

1 Like

As per my knowledge on Li cells, they don’t like too much charging or discharge. What they like is the zone between 80% and 30%. If they get to live at 45% constantly, they just love it.

I just found the below read

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

if you want your battery to be healthy and warranty intact … then charge daily :slight_smile:
it doesn’t harm in any way to charge daily and keep SOC high.

2 Likes

:+1:

Dear @Ather.Team

As a existing Ather 450 Owners few are disappointed and cancelling 450X pre-ordered id’s. While reading discussion on 450X on forum launch no one supporting the subscription plan included in 450x

In that, 2 days before, i saw existing 450 discontinuation plan announcement on un-official website.

If you’re willing officially then decision will under certain risk of ather
It is right time to revisit subscription plan of 450x by getting feedback from customers to reallign the brand rather than thinking discontinuation of 450.

Just remembering Nokia did not opt the choice of moving to Android from customers and lost everything and finally returned and running on Andriod.

2 Likes

Exactly well said Mr.Santhosh :):+1:t2:

I believe that if we are getting poor range then even the bangalore corporation who lay road is also responsible for that. when there is a pot hole we tend to break or after crossing it we tend to accelerate it more. Since the infrastructure of the roads are not that great the 450 might not perform that great as far as range is considered. We must have a better infrastructure for the bikes to perform better.

2 Likes

Till today you are use same infrastructure for ICE vehicle have you every checked mileage in ICE…:grinning:

ICE vehicles already have high fuel consumptions, so any hard acceleration, constant breaking and uphill gradients don’t really cause an impact on mileage as compared to electric vehicles where the stress on the battery and motor increase in those conditions leading to a high consumption of energy.

1 Like

End of the day you need to compromise on one thing. in EV it is milage. but in ice it is going to be fuel consumption. Since the context is about ev i spoke about mileage. if it would have ice scooter the conversation might have gone towards fuel consumption.

Same in ICE also it will consume petrol rather than electricity…stress on Engine also

Only 2 to 3 percent people ride behond rated range 80 k m. In two wheeler 80 km is more than sufficient.

1 Like

I am on the same opinion, was running below 15% yesterday and was desperate to get to the nearest Grid. Realized how speed breakers and pot holes were affecting the efficiency. One has to break the cruise and accelerate hard. The drain could be felt around bad roads.

2 Likes

Why do you think ice scooters give less mileage than stated by companies in cities? Because of higher energy consumptions in hard acceleration, hard braking and uphill and gradients.
It gives true mileage on highways where these factors affect it less due to smoother flow of traffic

1 Like

Agreed. 80 is far better when compared to ICE scooters.

1 Like

But are the mileage differences within city and on highways significant enough? A mere 5-6kmpl isn’t really a difference. In some scenarios, the mileage on highways are lesser than that in the city limits.

I was comparing how having a good riding style influences higher range on electric vehicles as compared to ICE vehicles.