Range enhancement

Sir, Iam using ather 450x past two month. I satisfied with scooter speed , pickup and other performances. Only I concern about milage /range. Still more companies are planning to produce their EV with good range ( mark 2 - 200 km per charges) with affordable price.

My question is does ather have any planning to improve range in the existing models EV or with its battery capacity

9 Likes

Range anxiety is a normal aspect that comes with EV due to the usage of ICE for a longer duration. Ather is designed for a city commute and provides a 85KM per charge claim which is true range. As per TRAI it is above 100KM per charge (which is generally called standard conditions). With grids in place, this charge is more than sufficient for city commute. Longer range would mean lower speed and/or higher capacity battery. Don’t think there is any plan now to increase the range.

However there are posts in this forum to improve efficiency. Refer to the below post.

Personally, I have achieved 100+KM in single charge.

Go through the forum for more content.

8 Likes

I have 450plus 2 months old range is issue after s/w update in sports mode battery drains faster Issue is there in dashboard map when changing points are searched then dash borad suddenly becomes white

Correct range is not shown

6 Likes

Thanks for your tips/ideas. I will follow the same and will share for ride experience shortly

3 Likes

Hi balaji I wanted to buy an 450+ and not the x do u think I have opt for the same or do u think u should have got the 450x,also tell me more about the range of 450+ How much range u get in eco mode Max range achieved Mixing all modes and driving in traffic how much range do u get What range do we get cruising on highways at 40kmph,55kmph and 70 kmph

3 Likes

Have you reported the dashboard issues? Can you elaborate on range issue?

2 Likes

I’m using 450x, in sport mode speed 70 travelled 46kms by using 64% soc. Mode is used to limit the pickup and top speed, actually range is calculated by driving style like linear acceleration and using regen instead of brakes for slowing(not to stop). 450+ is existing 450 with additional colours and Android os in dashboard.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, is it possible to upgrade the Ather 450 to increase the range? I mean can be use 450x battery in 450 ?

Hello fellow 450x Owners. I am here to know from your experience about the range given by 450x. It would be a great help. I will be booking the vehicle this week.

Thanks! cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It depends on which mode you use and how efficiently you drive, but I get around 70 to 80 km in ride mode( as I usually use ride mode while travelling),

but I am sharing my ride statistics of all the modes I have used till now, with eco mode, you can get up to 100km range, but by limiting your top speed and acceleration

3 Likes

Thanks Ram for your reply. Seems like Ride and Eco mode to be good with that range.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have in your mind, although I would like to warn you that there are a lot of bugs and issues with the dashboard, but performance wise, there is no issues, it’s awesome to ride, and at last if you haven’t pre-ordered already, you can use my referral code LCOWU0 to get ₹2500 ather credits and discounts. Welcome to the Ather family!

1 Like

You can also read this post to see how to get good range out of your vehicle. This will help you once you start using your 450X. The post is written for Ather 450 but is applicable for 450X as well.

Tips on how to get good range from your Ather bike

1 Like

Hi sorry for delay in response 450+ is good now I have driven around 1500 but there are lot of bugs related to dash board issues. They are working on it since 2 months vehicle was picked up twice Yesterday they said new patch will be rolled out I travel around 25km per day One more common issue after we drive in rain it is bit difficult to wash near belt and disk break as we cannot use pressure wash

2 Likes

What real world range do you get? Also tell us your riding style or share your past rides info

4 Likes

yes guys i highly recommend everyone who drives EV in general to read the above post to get the best range, you can clearly understand on how to get the best efficiency, have booked and waiting for my 450x from past 20 days.

1 Like

How did u get these snapshots… Are they from Ather App or the website… Never saw anything so fancy and cool before nor now

3 Likes

They are the ride statistics you get via the app. Provided your rides are syncing.:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ather grid in Park view mall in ITPL, Bengaluru, Is not fast charging the scooter. I have plugged in around 6 pm still 10.30, it only charged 77%. Apart from that, mall as charged for parking. Charging stopped after 77%. There is no Ather grid inside the ITPL. May be Ather should install the Ather grid near free parking n inside the ITPL tech park…

Yes me to faceing same issue range day by day go down and mostly people in this app write they are working for Ather they not up a valid question