đŸȘ– Protect your head, in style

When these new helmets will be available at Ather space Lajpat Nagar new Delhi ?

1 Like

I think It’s already answered.

3 Likes

Is it available for purchase at other EC in Bangalore? like the Rajaji Nagar one or is this applicable to all EC’s in Bangalore?

1 Like

What’s the cost of the helmet?

3 Likes

Pointless with out a shaded visor

2 Likes

You can change it after buying the helmet as per your need.

2 Likes

Check website, at the bottom.

TLDR; â‚č2299 and â‚č2999 for open and full helmets respectively.

5 Likes

Today i had called the Ather Customer Service Centre over the phone for 5 times and never got connected after a long wait.

How to buy via Ather Credits, it would have been really nice if everything was online, selecting the size to buy, colour, type and payment system just like booking the scooter. Hope everything goes online even TPMS sensors.

You can pay with Ather credits at an Ather Space. There is a plan for making the accessories and merchandise available online, but no timeline yet.

7 Likes

I only see “ISI” certified on the helmets. Is it not DOT/ECE certified?

As we know, the ISI standard for helmets is pretty bad and doesn’t make for strong helmets!

2 Likes

Mavox helmets are pretty good. I have used them previously, quite bulky but they are following GOI guidelines and that is what they are offering. They have ECE visor certification, if Ather went for the FX30 model then it has both BIS certification and ECE certification, let us wait for what Ather went with.

5 Likes

Apart from the fact that helmets having ECE/DOT certification are better, nonetheless you cannot have a helmet without the ISI certification in India. Kinda doesn’t make a lot of sense, but such is the rule. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

BTW, there are helmets without ISI available, mostly half head ones etc. but landing in front of a wise cop, it’ll be more than a helmet’s worth of â‚č. And if it’ll be pain and hospital bills.

1 Like

Of course. You’d have ISI also. But having at least DOT in addition is significantly better. ISI has been making their helmet standards worse over the years! The one I use regularly is ISI and DOT certified. I couldn’t find SNELL/ECE certified ones that I liked.

Depends on how bulky it is. ISI has actually reduced the max weight in their standard for helmets, which is pretty bad. The max weight for ISI is about 1.2 Kg now, while with SNELL/ECE it can go up to 1.5 Kg!

And for SNELL/ECE certified helmets to be ISI certified also, they need to reduce the weight with Carbon fibre and other durable low weight materials, which means that they are going to be significantly more expensive.

Overall, the current ISI standard is pretty bad compared to other popular standards. ISI should just adopt one of the existing ones instead of creating a new standard!

4 Likes

I have an Axor Helmet, which is a DOT/ECE/ISI certified and weighs 1560grams.

1 Like

Then from when will the helmet be available in Indiranagar and is it only for Indiranagar or J.P. Nagar and Rajajinagar also doesn’t have the helmet’s?

1 Like

Yeah, I checked my helmet after I wrote the comment above and saw that mine is also more than 1.2 Kg. A lot of articles online say it is 1.2 Kg. I will look for the official spec and add it here.

Has anyone tried using TWS earphones with the new helmets? I tried to use my TWS with Steelbird S1 but its tight and very uncomfortable.

5 Likes

Sir, Your Pune EC, however, refuses to do a referral credit buy simply because they are unaware of the referral credit policy. My half-helmet, which was delivered at the time, has a recently broken visor screw and is no longer available by any helmet retailers in Pune since it is a non-conman helmet. EC doesn’t provide visor screws for sale. If otherwise, pls provide; if not, no helmet use.

3 Likes