Pricing and Changes

I agree very much. SIM n data charge should be the only thing you can charge us, which should have been 1500 per year Max.

My opinion is hardware may be charged as inclusive component with the scooter. However, monthly data subscription should be spared.

1 Like

They can charge for using their grid, Road-side assistance and free service. No question. What price to give, that is debatable. But, charging them is agreed. Because, they are extra value which are pretty optional and many might not use at all as all these have alternatives.

But, for the Ather Connect, I really do not think they should not charge. It is like your mobile company charging for OTA updates and them telling they incur charges for software development, host the softwares. It is part of the package.

As for the M2M SIM, I do not think it is going to be more than 500 rupees and it is included in the scooter price as the USIM is not an optional pack.

As for the data usage, either you leave it to user to choose the data pack. If M2M SIM does not allow to recharge the data usage, then keep it to a minimum of 100 rupees / month.

Remember, the data collected is a mutual benefit for us and Ather both.

Basically, my point is: In Ather Connect, the only real charge is for Data usage charge by SIM. And, that should be minimal to 100 / month.

4 Likes

Very very informative

1 Like

Wellā€¦ they are not charging for the data onlyā€¦ they are charging us for the navigation services also which is why it has a premium priceā€¦

Alsoā€¦ After a year you can opt out of athers subscription completely as you are not in an agreement that you will continue using their services for a lifetime :wink:

1 Like

Remember that you are buying a productā€¦ once you buy it, you have full rights to do whatever you want with the productā€¦ itā€™s up to you if you want subscribe to Ather services are completely opt out of itā€¦ If you are using this bike to commute on a daily basis why do you even need navigation ? Like going to your office or back home or to the market ? Or a mall ? For ad-hoc navigation you already have your android phone and an headphone ! :wink:

True to an extent. 3k cannot be justified even then. Ather should revisit the charges for Ather Connect.

All the owners have 1 year time to decide. Ather should use that time to revise.

On board navigation is part of your scooter and it should not be having recurring charges.

I agree with data consumption and that is why you can keep the charges minimal

Fee breakup on the website shows the on road price ā‚¹1,30,714/- including comprehensive insurance. But when I proceed to payment, it says I need to ā‚¹1,25,714/- after the deducting the booking amount of ā‚¹5,000/-, and that I need to buy vehicle insurance separately (which Iā€™m not supposed to worry about because Ather will help me buy it). Why should I buy the insurance separately when it is already included in the on road price of ā‚¹1,30,714/-.

Vehicle Exshowroon Price (Inc 12% GST) ā‚¹142,568
Road tax (KA 0%) ā‚¹0
Smart card fee and RTO registration ā‚¹511
Fame Subsidy -ā‚¹22,000
Comprehensive insurance
1 year Own damage & Nil Dep.
5 year 3rd party insurance & Personal Accident cover ā‚¹9,635
On road (Inc of 12%GST) ā‚¹1,30,714

1 Like

This is what it says when I proceed to payment section.

ā‚¹125,714 (Inclusive of G.S.T)
Break-up
Things you should know:

• We have deducted the pre-order amount.
  • Insurance will have to be purchased seperately. Donā€™t worry we will help you with it.
2 Likes

@AtherTeam please clarify

This really Strange!

There is some confusion here. This is the clear picture:
You pay the insurance only once and to the third party directly. On pricing, our stance has always been that you see the one single cost you have to incur - which is why you see in the break-up but is not included in the payment to Ather during final order.

We would have loved to include that and make it one single transaction but we arenā€™t authorised to sell the insurance to you directly. Either you can choose our partner on the website or purchase from a third party.

We will try to update the website to communicate this with a better clarity for future owners.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarification. However here is my suggestion.

1. As comprehensive insurance is required in the initial years, I would suggest you to include approx or maximum price in the list. You can say this is approx cost. This really helps buyer to prepare his final budget.

2. All 4 wheeler agents do the above. They have one spreadsheet that is printed where they include all the pricing and tell the buyer that this is the final number which will be on road price.

1 Like

Hi @ather.team, whether the lease prices (monthly cost at least) is susceptible to change in Atherā€™s subscription plans?

Ather Lease Plan and details

The lease plan can be found here > Lease Plan for Ather 450
Click here to view our FAQs >> FAQs

4 Likes

I think, application for lease will be opened to the individual only after confirmation of delivery from @Ather.Team.

Yes, thatā€™s what I was told by Autovert (Leasing partner). Lease will get open only upon delivery confirmation from Ather.

By the way, Autovert is willing to buy back our existing vehicle too.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a good news