Portable charger

These are industrial AC sockets, and you can get an adapter which converts these industrial sockets to regular 5/16A sockets and your Ather portable charger will work.

There are no plans to currently replace the 5/16A plugs with these on the portable chargers.

1 Like

You try this setup and use your portable charger !

15 Likes

Thanks @Rahul
I have been following the DIY stuff ather community has been doing to get this working was looking for a professional solution as it’s now clear :-(.
Time to get the parts and assembled them myself.

4 Likes

But why aren’t we going with the market standard. As most of the public charging points will be available in those, it will be convenient to get charged at more locations other than ather grids.

3 Likes

I have the same doubt @abhishek.balaji

oh!!!

u finally tried it…

nice

1 Like

You’re more likely to find a 5A/15A socket in places to charge. We will definitely keep a look out for the adoption of the Bharat standards and consider changes later on.

4 Likes

5A/15A sockets will not be metered and allowed for public use. Then how is to one get permission to use a public 5A/15A when in travel where as i assume that charging station with market standard sockets will act like petol pumps for electric vehicles, but we users of Ather will not be able to utilise that facilty

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji do let the design team know that there are no reliable adapters for industrial socket to 15A. They can design an accessory which can solve all problems.

it is hazardous

call cc

service team should be able to fix it, or they might provide you good one

1 Like

There are a number of solutions available in the market that allow only authenticated usage of a 3 pin socket.

And when traveling, just request the owner of the building. Some understand and allow charging for free or a small fee. Others may not be receptive and deny access to you.

But do understand the 450 is designed for city usage.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji I wanted to purchase Portable charger (v1). I called CC couple of times with 1 week gap and each time I was informed that stock will be back in a week and I will get a callback once available.

I think the either callback was missed or stock is not there. When can we expect this to be available?

1 Like

You can use my portable charger until you buy newer one.

5 Likes

Sure Santosh… Thank you.

Couple of times I had need but no time to collect from others. So thought to have one for myself.

1 Like

Hi,
I have a V1 portable charger that i bought assuming that I would do a lot of weekend traveling. But I haven’t done a single trip till date and I haven’t used it even once :grin: . So if you want, you can buy it from me. I don’t think I will be using it anytime in the near future.

Hey just wanted to check what if i don’t want the Ather dot but opt for the portable charger do we still need to pay for the portable charger and if yes anyone knows how much

You don’t need to pay for the portable charger if you have opted for the portable charger instead of the Dot. When buying the scooter, you can choose one of those. If you choose the Dot, you have to pay for the installation, but if you choose the portable charger, you don’t need to pay anything extra.

1 Like

Actually you will be in loss if you do this DOT is priced at 10k where as portable only 5k hence choose wisely

1 Like

Thnak you for this info but having to setup this dot is the problem for me actually has i dont have a fixed parking spot so the portable charger along with an extension gives me a option to charge where i park …hence i was asking how does this work.

@Ather.Team should provide 2 then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like