Portable charger

I Got my personal portable charge 2.0, it had 16a to 6a converter with it

the Current dot charger and the portable charger are almost the same without the dotā€™s coverā€™s and external lights, 3.5 hour 0 to 80% charge time why ask them to make a slow DC charger a fast DC charger is required

Fast chargers are expensive and power hungry. The location where you want to plug in a fast charger needs to have the correctly rated wiring to work. You canā€™t expect this on highways, etc. look at @Abhishek ā€˜s travelogues and see how many places donā€™t even have proper grounding.

5 Likes

Hmm Grounding problem is somewhat resolved with 2.0 charger, because I tested it at a non grounded place and it worked perfectly fine, now need for high current it there because the current fast charging might be 3 phased ac sourced that is what its able to provide so much amp to the vehicle, but drawing a 16 amp mean 220v x 16 you can literally draw 3500 watts of ac power Iā€™m pretty sure ather can design a better single phased ac to DC charger upto 30 amps at 58.8v instead of 12 amps which further reduces the charge time to 2 hours for 80 percentage charge

1 Like

Please let me know when this charger will be available. I really need this charger as my daily ride is more ā€¦!! @Ather.Team please do the needful immediately.

Yes!! I agree its expensive and the proper wiring is needed. But there are places where the points with proper wiring exist. May be its not for every ather owner. But with this option am sure lot of Ather owners will be happy and will also attract new customers coz of this accessory. Also since Ather is not providing Fastchargers out of Bangalore. This will help a lot.

2 Likes

@Ather team ā€¦ Shall I get portable chargerā€¦ Pls send me the link for paymentā€¦

You need to call Customer Care to get the portable charger.

Ok. They informed to send message through e.mail about the payment link

1 Like

Hi Team,

Please let us know when are we getting portable chargers back in stock. I need it immediately as i travel more and i am in need of this urgently. I guess many people would be requiring soā€¦

1 Like

Please reach out to customer service for availability and the payment link.

Team,
The Ather Portable charger you provide has 15A plug but same charging speed/capacity of DOT only. Can you please upgrade it little Fast charger with high capacity (atleast 1kw/hr) for using while travelling longer. We can get our Scooter charged Soon if Portable charger adapter is double speed of House installed oneā€¦this is actual need of Portable charger. Please upgrade it soon.

4 Likes

guys in other cities kindly note , you all will book ather 450X, Be prepared that grids installation form ather side will be in moon days
so when you book kindly ask for portable chargers only , do not go for DOT,
both are same chargers

1 Like

Youā€™ll not get quarterly refund of amount used in APC , Dot will have usage refund for Ather one subscribers

Reimbursement under Ather One is applicable for both Dot and portable charger.

4 Likes

Then something is wrong with my portable charger because I use it to charge in my office most of the time and I got only 64 around units of total usage of 1600 kms

Really do not matter the reimbursement for me
At least you can plan long ride & charge anywhere with ease of mind , it helps lot.

1 Like

My Chennai friend just paid 5k for a portable charger just before vehicle delivery even though he didnā€™t opt for the dot. Is this a new change in pricing? If yes, quite disappointing!

1 Like

Apparently a mistake at Atherā€™s end. Getting a refund but only because I told him that it was a mistake. What if the customer didnā€™t knowā€¦?

1 Like

Hi Team @abhishek.balaji @Shreyas,

Are there any plans to make the portable chargers complaint to Bharat AC 001 wall sockets or is there an adapter that can be made available for both the type 1(aka 450 V1.0) and type 2 (aka 450 V1.1) portable chargers that Ather has been selling .

As this is a govt standardization that was live in 2017 ,we do not see any time line mentioned by your team where a existing infra mandate is being integrated by Ather proactively.

(https://dhi.nic.in/writereaddata/UploadFile/Standardization%20of%20protocol.pdf) .

I need a solution as this will be the chargers that are being installed by Offices and business establishments to enable EV to charge on there premise.

Attached is the one installed in my office.

Will there be a compliment charger that will work on these ports by default/ via adapter or do we need to build a Jugad adapter.

2 Likes