[POLL] Elio update

Hey Rohit, Please let us know if you have tried the Dashboard rest. Please get back to us if you still need any assistance.

1 Like

No update yet for gen3 450x. Received the vehicle 2 weeks ago.

6 Likes

I have Ather450x Gen3 and not received update of atherstack5.0 please resend the update in my Ather

3 Likes

Anyone received the update yet today? I heard from here itself that it was to be rolled out to the rest of customers today.

3 Likes

Update not recieved yet for 450X S1 (Gen 2) purchased in January 2021

4 Likes

I have Ather 450x Gen2 May-22, till now not received any update.

1 Like

Yes, I also faced the same issue after the update indicator sound stopped working. Can anyone from Ather team please help.

4 Likes

Mine too indicator, parking assistance and motor on sound have disappeared after current update.

3 Likes

@rishabh1987 @shammyk123 @mr.yspujari

Have you all tried rebooting the dashboard software after the update [method- apply both brakes and press the motor start switch simultaneously, and then hold them altogether for about 10 seconds or untill you Ather logo on the dashboard or untill you see headlamp goes OFF and then ON]?

My scooter has no issue of sound for park assist as well as indicators. Once I faced this issue as I killed/switch OFF the motor while running, it didn’t come following that event, no matter how many times I switch the key OFF and ON. Later, I restarted the dashboard software and it solved. Good luck!

2 Likes

I have rebooted multiple time, still the problem persist.

3 Likes

In that case, please drop an email at info@atherenergy.com

2 Likes

I have not get any update till now but as per comments of other owners seems that this is not an update. It may be all new Ather software because some sounds and auto indicator off,…etc are missing.

2 Likes

Okay, fine.

6 Likes

It used to come properly after update. Everything was awesome. But as soon as system was rebooted or shut down and started again, this malfunction came into picture.

1 Like

I have tried rebboting multiple times without any luck… Waiting for any patch fix.

4 Likes

Hi Team i still didnt get elio update Im gen3 450x owner bought it in August 2022 please reply @atherenergy

2 Likes

You may also drop an email at info@atherenergy.com

1 Like

I tried to ‘shutdown’ by going through options (swiping down) and then tapping on the gear icon and tapping on shutdown (where you chassis and OS info is written) and restarted the bike. It started working for me

3 Likes

Same issue with mine Ather plus …did u get resolved??

2 Likes

Here are my observations on Elio and a few other things.

So I booked the Ather 450X on Jan 8 and on Jan 9 my scooter was assigned to me on the app. It was running Dropstick then. At that time my app and scooter both were showing 450+ instead of 450X don’t know why. Showroom said performance upgrade is pending and for the next 14 days it never came which is why I wasn’t taking delivery but then I finally decided to as I needed the vehicle.

On the day of delivery i.e. Jan 24 it was updated to 11.5.1 202303. Post the update the scooter was showing 450X but the app was showing 450+. When the showroom executive was giving me a demo before delivery, at that time the smart eco mode was missing, optimised charging couldn’t be turned off and the scooter was showing the warp mode logo but wasn’t switching to it or activating it when we toggled the switch. Also, the bluetooth wasn’t working.

So they gave a reboot to the dashboard and the scooter went into 450+ mode again. They tried another reboot but nothing still in 450+ mode. Even today. They were like only Bengaluru team can deploy an OTA update and make it 450X. Now in 450+ mode the indicator sound and reverse sound vanished. My name went missing from the dashboard and I couldn’t change it as the edit option was not working. Bluetooth was obviously gone.

In both versions nothing happens if you click what’s new. Idk if I am right about this but the text clarity also reduced. Feels a little blurred. It may just be me. I think even the brightness has reduced. Can’t see a thing in sun. Oh, and my documents aren’t syncing at all.

I feel Ather team really needs to fix a few things here. Firstly, please for the love of whichever God you believe in or even if you don’t, please give the showroom and service people access to the software/performance upgrade patch to upgrade the scooter from 450+ to X. In my case everyone at the showroom/service center (both are in the same place) were helpless. They said we can’t do a thing only Bengaluru team can deploy the performance upgrade. I understand you may have done this to avoid malpractice of the patch in cases where sm1 buys a 450+ and is illegally upgraded by a dealer to 450X but please put a mechanism in place to avoid what I am going through with future customers. I came with such high hopes to buy this vehicle and now my experience is being ruined the longer this is dragging. I have been pleading since Jan 9 to update my scooter and app from 450+ to 450X and everyday I am being told today is the day it will be fixed but nothing till date.

Secondly, please get more servers on AWS to deploy updates like Apple and Android. So that the update is received on a fixed date, fixed time to the whole world. This slow rollout where half people get it and half don’t just gives the feeling of being left out.

Lastly, please have a a long beta testing with users before deployment. Your intent is amazing with Elio and it looks also pretty amazing but I felt it was launched 2-3 weeks early as a lot of bugs need to be squashed. Anyway, all the best to your team with future updates and I hope my experience changes for the better ahead.

8 Likes