Pillion rider foot rest

By far the best looking. Can it adversely affect the water protection of the battery compartment ? How much weight can it support?

4 Likes

Hi Dutta,

It weight less dhan 850grams. A normal adult can keep their leg without any issues. It can easily bare child weight. It wonā€™t affect the battery , its attached to the top of bike frame

2 Likes

A question to Atherā€¦Is it so difficult to design and come up with one one like this? People have been requesting this ever since the scooter was launched. This will be of help to saree clad women. Apart from providing tech features, which I appreciate, it is wiser to listen and look into the basic needs of users.

5 Likes

By far the best looking option among all others weā€™ve seen so far. good one @christ4karan

However, this should be only on the other side. Right side is the road-side and left side is the kerb-side. This is the exact reason why the saree guard is on the left side. Even if we ignore kerb-side thing, this should simply be on the saree-guard side. the right side one is actually not necessary.

Edit: ok now I realize youā€™ve done it even for people sitting with legs both sides. especially for shorter people who find it difficult to rest their feet on the stock footrest. :+1:t4:

5 Likes

The footrest is looking good, but I am sure itā€™s not safeā€¦ If the scooter rides on any bumps the footrest will not swing with the seat. It may result in possible injury for pillion. The foot rest should ideally be connected to anything thatā€™s aligned with the seat movement above the suspension. I believe thatā€™s the reason Ather is not able to add up Foot rest in their current designā€¦

6 Likes

We tried with multiple options and came up with this design. There is no option to mount near the seat or suspension, because frame of the bike has designed in such a way. Yes you are right the footrest wonā€™t swing and be steady like all other bikes. If itā€™s swings on daily usage it will broke for sure. Thatā€™s why bike manufacturers who provide footrest they make sure it wonā€™t swing on bumps.

By keeping all the details and usage in mind this footrest is designed. Itā€™s 100% safety and using it after multiple of weight test.

I believe, If Ather have added footrest with their frame design then it will be difficult to remove the back tyre for any issues like tyre punchure, belt fixing etc.

3 Likes

Hi christ4karan, are you in Bangalore or other city ?

2 Likes

Any option for pillion rider footrest while sitting one side. (Especially while in saree). Itā€™s very uncomfortable to sit one side without proper footrest.

4 Likes

Has anyone got a sidefootrest fitted for the convinience of sitting to one side?

1 Like

This is amazing! .also a temporary fix. Seems easy to remove if need be. Amazing. Anybody contacted @christ4karan ? Did he make a price quote?

Update : itā€™s Matte - ā‚¹750 Chrome - ā‚¹850

• Shipping extra (from Chennai)
  • For Bangalore its ~ ā‚¹ 150 shipping
3 Likes

Just a note on this:

The mounting points used in the side step are not designed to take the load in the direction in which the part is reacting on. This will lead to failure of the joint during use and can fail at both ingresses as well as running conditions during the ride.

8 Likes

Was JUST about to order it. But now Iā€™m not sure anymore. Anyone who is using it, do let us know how it fairs after a while.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your feedback. I have came with this solution because of my mom faced issue with footrest which is currently not available in the bike.

I have not included too much weight or any issues to the frame. I just extended the current frame as footrest so for further any assistance it can be easily removed and it wonā€™t damge the vehicle frame or the performance at any cost.

I have tested on the footrest with decent amount of weight for past 1.5 months things are prefect and I have no issues with this product.

The issues which I face with the Bike from the day of delivery is, dashboard switching on without key, indicator, dashboard freeze, dashboard blackout screen and so on. I have made couple of complaints about this issues and waiting for the solution from your guys which I paid 1.6lakhs for the bike.

If you have better solution for ladies who are sitting oneside, itā€™s always welcome and we are ready to pay if you charge for it.

16 Likes

Also, warranty will go out of the window I guess. Imagine if some major failure happens and Ather blames the foot rest.

4 Likes

@christ4karan, the basic idea is sound. Iā€™ve attached a modified picture with my two cents to make the frame properly sturdy. Might help.

14 Likes

@blackworks thanks for your feedback, will look into it.

7 Likes

Nice to see and useful information thanks but my design is quite diff

So amused by the assumption that a pillion rider can only be a lady. My pillion rider is typically my, very male, husband. Iā€™m sure heā€™d also appreciate some footrest.

8 Likes

No reason to get upset :sweat_smile: , I think he was just refering to a pillion sitting sideways. Man or women doesnā€™t matter. Sitting sideways is often seen with woman in sarees hence the origin of the name " Ladyā€™s footrest" I suppose.

Thereā€™s already a decent footrest for everyone who sits on the pillion seat facing forwards. Sideways. Not so much.

2 Likes

If we want it for ladies , i am sure this will work. Since u cant warp around with ladies sitting sidewards on ather !! Even more sure that ppl we will go to the max ride mode. This should solve the purpose if you donā€™t t speed up and hit a speed breaker which results to your predictions.

4 Likes