Pillion rider foot rest

Nice - does not look odd - But, if Ather extend a footrest like his from the floor board, it will align with the colors better.

Can be sold as accessory at a charge.

6 Likes

Wait what? :joy: Firstly, legality of it all. Secondly, I cant get 2 well built guys on the scooter comfortably, let alone 3 folks

And lastly, would work only if the 3rd passenger doesnā€™t have a right leg :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Well good idea ā€¦I like it ,:heart_eyes: But how much safety is there u only update later ā€¦:hugs:

3 Likes

It looks good. I would urge Ather to develop on this idea and come up with an accessory instead of saying it cannot be done and that the scooter is not designed for this.

10 Likes

Broā€¦Triples i mentioned here as travel for Family with a Child and luggages. Not for other usagešŸ˜†

6 Likes

I was thinking of adding a customised foot rest like this. The clip on type design, extending the existing foot rest, I think gives it strength to withstand the weight. Really good one, I think it could be painted black with matte finish if you wish to not highlight the steel. How much did you spend for this one sir ?

3 Likes

We tried for Black coating it but not possible in SS itseems, you can do if using MS. First grade SS cost was nearly 1k for making and Fitting this.

8 Likes

Guys I think this helps

17 Likes

Is this custom or is it from another scooter?

3 Likes

Sir even I have seen this in an Ather group. Will keep you updated regarding the same in 1 week

Itā€™s custom made sir

4 Likes

Can you please post the Backside photo of this please?

1 Like

Foot rest is not available for women both models 450+ and 450x. Iā€™m watching so many times on road some Saree clad women finding it difficult to sit on single side. So many times Iā€™ve informed Ather but they havenā€™t given solutions

7 Likes

Theyā€™ve replied saying its not possible in this design. Donā€™t think they can do much if its not part of the design :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I had my eyes on this footrest aloneā€¦ the rest I agree is sore eyes.

4 Likes

None of us kno who actually did this to the ather. We found it on twitter.

Maybe try contacting him. He might tell you, whoā€™s it is
Counsel him about chrome also if you can :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

NEVER stand between a red blooded Indian and his chrome.

8 Likes

Good to know, but now my main concern is will this make the vehicle warranty void ?

2 Likes

Defenitely No problem to Ather warranty, bcoz we not made any changes in Scooter design.We just removed the pre existing Screws in floor board Left and fitted that extended SS side foot rest with Long bolts of same thread pitch in same holes with Normal torque tightness. There is no void as we checked with Ather service team already.

4 Likes

Cool, but I didnā€™t get these words. These words are so technical. Does the mechanic or the technician who does this fitting is a professional or who did it?

2 Likes

He means the new bolts have the same diameter, but increased length.

4 Likes