Ownership Experience

How much did it cost?

It was about 1500 for one tyre + GST.

Any forum user who owing 450 and staying near by palace guttahalli, pipe line, Malleswaram ???

I took delivery yesterday, and went near palace guttahalli, anjeneya Temple for pooja and was told by Poojari vehicle name is Ather 450 and I have done pooja 3 - 4 days before. Since from 3 days I am continously seeing Ather 450 on Vinayaka circle road and big bazzar road.

Resident near by my home almost knows Ather 450 because of you ā€¦

I didnā€™t get chance of giving intro to anyone :joy:

4 Likes

Today, a strange problemā€¦ When driving I had to use horn onceā€¦

But the horn button got stuck and the horn just continued honkingā€¦ It took a while for me to understand what happenedā€¦ Meanwhile fellow riders were starring why I was honking like thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

Took a side and pulled the button to release itā€¦

1 Like

Another observation:
On taking delivery, I took a test ride and found the throttle grip was tight and it require some effort to keep in position. told one of the staff but he told that it looks normal and it will get better after I useā€¦ Also he told he will take my feedbackā€¦

Yesterday and today, few of my colleagues took test ride and surprisingly 3 of them told the same thingā€¦

In fact, today during my 15 km ride, I found really strain to keep the throttle position and it pains wrist and shoulder.

Did any one notice this?

1 Like

Did you try switching off the bike?

3 Likes

I did. But after turning ON, honking startedā€¦ Then understood it got stuck in pressed state. Pulled the button ourwards to release it

1 Like

Iā€™m continuously being awed by Atherā€™s service. Started facing an issue where the screen was turning a bit yellow from being in the sun too long. Happens to displays, the glue between the top glass and the screen starts to melt and starts getting colorised. Called up Ather service yesterday and the scheduled a on premise service today morning at 8.

Rep turned up at 7:35 and replaced the dashboard. Took about an hour. No questions asked. My vehicle is ready for the daily commute now.

13 Likes

Any kind of precaution we need to take? Like screen guard or something?

Happened with me too

One observation, rear tyre air nozzle placed in wrong direction, it is very inconvenient while topping air or pressure check, even the puncture repair fellow suggested that the nozzle should be on the other direction.

2 Likes

It can be turned by removing the air completely from the tyre

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Oh is it, I was not aware about this, can we do it ourself or should we get it done by Ather team

Thatā€™s the reason for nozzles being on opposite sides.

4 Likes

As per Ather, the nozzles are directed away from the disk brakes as a safety measure to prevent burns from the disks (assuming the bike has been running).

1 Like

Makes senseā€¦ !

That is a good safety measure but the drive belt completely comes in the way of air nozzle and it is bit difficult to fill air and also the nozzle is shaky and feels like it may come off if pressure is applied.

Over the past 3-4 weeks Iā€™ve noticed that I wasnā€™t getting the efficiency number which I used to get during the first 3 weeks of owning the scooter.

Yesterday while driving from KR Puram to indiranagar I was stuck in traffic near Shell petrol pump. I miss the smell of petrol so decided to go in for an air check.

To my shocking surprise, the pressure in both wheels was 19psi.

I just want to know from other owners how frequently should you keep checking your air pressure.

air pressure re-check cycle is 7 to 10days and drop noticed during this interval is around 3 to 4psiā€¦