Ownership Experience

Once in every 100-150kms

Any idea how to share video in forum?

upload on youtube and share the link here

1 Like

Air pressure dropping is an issue, I have observed it to be more with Ather tyres, I had suzuki access with tubeless tyres and when I used to fuel it on every Friday , hardly any pressure drop but with Ather tyres, I am checking every alternate day and I find 3 to 4 psi drop, today I got the tyres checked at puncture shop but nothing noticeable for pressure drop but agony is it leaks , it affects the range a lot

Air pressure drop- @Shreyas @Ather.Team
Rear tyre pressure dropped since 1 week, finally today checked both tyres, unfortunately the tyre valve is the culprit, slowly the air is leaking ā€¦Please check if this is an issue in during vehicleā€™s delivery.

Cost for replacing new valve- 250Rs
Local puncture shop near to Iblur -Belandur service road

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, will check it tonight

1 Like

Tyre pressure drop is indeed an issue and not normal. I will check and confirm how it is on mine. But based on experience with other bikes that I own and have driven, this is definitely not normal.
@Ather.Team please ensure that this is looked into on priority. If this is a valve issue, should be relatively easy to fix this during PDI.

1 Like

Today, technician came and replaced the hornā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might have found a bug today. If youā€™re riding in sports mode, and you reach 10km range remaining, it switches to ride mode. But this switching happens only when the accelerator is at 0 degrees.

If you keep accelerating, you can go well under 10km in sports mode. Not sure if this is one off or a bug.

2 Likes

for me itā€™s a feature not a bug

which i liked it on my flight i can cruise at higher speeds even with low battery

5 Likes

Yeah noticed it.
It is probably because the user must not face a sudden fall in power and torque output when crossing just below 10km.
And yeah, for Highway cruising, thatā€™s a great feature

7 Likes

Ha haā€¦

Saw few posts relating proper tyre pressure for better range efficiencyā€¦ I used to fill Nitrogen Air for couple of reasons.

1. Most of the petrol pumps, the queue is looong where filling Air takes easily 10 minutes if not more. Queue on Nitrogen filling will be mostly empty.
  2. I heard in forums (and observed for myself in last 1 year) that tyre pressure maintains longer and I go less often to refill.

When taking delivery, one of the staff advised against Nitrogen. Is there a real pro / con using Nitrogen?

Also, I will be riding single on weekdays and dual on weekends. So filled 30 F / 32 Rā€¦ When riding single with higher pressure than recommended, what will be the con? Less grip and skiddy?

2 Likes

Nitrogen is only optional. Not much of a difference in speed or range, so donā€™t see the point in searching for a Nitro filling station.

Iā€™ll wait in line at the petrol station smiling at all those folks who are wondering why my bike does not have a exhaust :smile:

10 Likes

Unless you own a performance/track vehicle, nitrogen does not make much of a difference. Most of the advantages of Nitrogen (less diffusion, less pressure variations due to heat, fire retardation etc) will not be that tangible on a normal vehicle. Some do swear by it though (same as putting high octane fuel in normal vehicle), but there is not enough scientific evidence to support it.

1 Like

@prasathvishnu, @raghav.srinivasan
Why donā€™t you invest in a foot pump (I would recommend Michelin) and do away with the gas station trips altogether? Itā€™s quite easy to top up air with the pump, the gauge is fairly accurate and you can get a digital pressure gauge (Michelin again recommended) if you want to be really sure. Another risk I see with the L shaped valve on Ather is of breakage, since you have to push the nozzle (the ones at gas stations) on to the valve. I havenā€™t got my bike yet, so yet to do a close examination about this detail though. The foot pumps come with either a quick release nozzle or a screw-on type, both of which reduce this risk.

6 Likes

I hope this does not do any harm. That case, I am fine. Coz, I wanted to visit less often and wait less on the queueā€¦ :smiley:

OK, never thought about itā€¦ Will check itā€¦

Anyone else using footpumps for Ather or even other two wheelers?

True, Luckily I have one just 2-3 kms from my houseā€¦ Otherwise no point searching for thatā€¦

Actually, when I changed tyres for my Wego, MRF service center fitted and filled Nitrogen (for free) and recommended itā€¦ So continued to refill Nitrogen and ever since, found to be convenientā€¦

1 Like

I use a digital tyre inflator from Michelin to top-up air in two wheeler and four wheeler, Ather has weird pressure drop issue and the rear tyre nozzle position is a problem, will get the direction changed soon.