Ownership Experience

Everyday I am charging full at night, by morning it shows as 62 or 63 km after discharge from night, then parked at office and evening again discharge is 2 to 3 percentage over a period of 9 hours

1 Like

One more observation, even at relatively low speed of 10 to 15 Km/pH ,I can see red screen being displayed, fades out in few seconds and again comes back

The red hue does not depend on the speed. It can be on for even lower speeds. Smoother acceleration does the trick usually.

What is the latest software version? Can someone post the screenshot?

1 Like

Gotta unlearn petrol scooters/bikes. We have a tendency to not care about how efficient weā€™re driving a petrol scooter. Itā€™s only when we see the red indicator on the Ather that we realise riding can be more efficient.

Some tips:

• Donā€™t accelerate on downward slopes. Similarly, coast where possible on flat and incline roads.
  • Avoid rapid overtaking or rash driving. Yes, the Ather goes 0-40 in 3s, but surely you canā€™t get both the efficiency and speed.
  • Longer distances are more efficient, especially if the stop-go traffic is less. (My rides to work are between 36KW/hr - 50KW/hr. Rides to airport usually hover around 28KW/hr.)
  • When you use the accelerator (more so when your battery is less than 95%), youā€™ll feel slight resistance when accelerating. Work with this resistance and youā€™ll avoid the red indicator. Alternatively drive like a 110cc scooter.
  • Use regen to bring speed down to 20km/hr and thatā€™s ususally sufficient for speed breakers as well. So basically avoid stop-start.
  • Tyre pressures play a crucial role. Keep them topped up every two weeks or so.
  • Ofc try to maximize small hills/flat roads.
9 Likes

Donā€™t worry about it. Use the same principles as maintaining charge on your phone. Or shutdown when youā€™re parking for long hours. Do it after 7 mins of ending the ride, since thereā€™s a time-out to save the ride data.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, will experiment the mentioned things gradually, also I ride with pillion for half of my commute, approx 25 Km, that time red indication is seem more.

Most of the points are covered.
Try to accelerate like a cyclist.
Slow from the stop.
Cycling and riding Ather is similar in terms of speeds.
So you can relate @rksingh221989

2 Likes

Yep. Itā€™s possible to not get the red indicator with two adults + reasonably large dog! :wink:

2 Likes

To add to this, what works for me to get the most range is to avoid unnecessary braking.
You basically need to plan how you ride. Accelerate just enough to reach the vehicle in front of you, or accelerate just enough to reach the hump on the road in front of you, or accelerate just enough to reach the turn in the road. This way, you will use the brakes lesser and lose lesser power spent on acceleration.

Potholes are an issue but Iā€™m sure the Ather glides over most. If possible, donā€™t slow down too much at potholes and try to slow down just enough to cross over them smoothly, so you donā€™t need to accelerate much again.

4 Likes

Correct.
Braking= loosing momentum=more energy needed to move=less range=angry costumers.

But still Ather has put up so powerful brakes!!

2 Likes

AND has many happy customers

How much time usually it takes to sync the ride? I donā€™t see it syncing even after 5 hoursā€¦

Air leakage seems to be quite high, within a weekā€™s time pressure reduced to 17 psi in front and 8 psi in rear, not seen such behaviour in my previous bikes, anyone else seen this in their Ather

I had this problem when my 450 was brand new. Once there was a puncture on the rear tyre. But after about 2.5k kms I am barely noticing drops in the air pressure. So my visits to the petrol pumps have reduced from once in a week to once in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Yep same case. I had gone on some sharp debris on old airport road and had a puncture. Ather picked up the vehicle from my home, gave me a loaner vehicle and ended up replacing the back tyre.

It was a pretty big tear on the tyre which could not be repaired.

5 Likes

Was the replacement free/included in the service plan?

Ofc not. Tyres are consumables and parts are charged for this.

Last night I filled 32 in rear tyre and 30 in front, today morning, rear tyre stands at 3 and front at 28, clearly rear one has puncture, will get it checked, however front one I am not sure about pressure drop