Ownership Experience

Check tyre pressure.

2 Likes

Traffic signals should be irrelevant to EV mileage because the motor stops when you do.

start->stop and stop->start is when efficiency is at the lowest in EVs

2 Likes

Hello Ather Owners,
I have now completed now close to 750 kms on the Ather. Of late I am observing that the motor noise is more than when it was initially. Have you people seen the same. Based on the feedback I will call up Ather Service and get it tested. Also when I go on a speed hump, there is some noise.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Madhukar, Increase in motor noise is unusual as you clock more km. However quantifying this noise is little difficult. Noise is evident at lower speeds (say 10-20kmph) or when there is high torque. This is common symptom of all electric motors which are pulled by belt. My suggestion is to ignore unless it is troubling you too much.

On other point on speed hump, your statement is little vague. What kind of issue you observe?

2 Likes

The sound is more like a clunk noise that comes if something is loose and because of the jump during crossing the hump.

The motor sound was there at the speeds you have mentioned, somehow it feels a little more now compared to then !!!

Hehe I had the same issue. Realised that all this while, thereā€™s no engine noise, so it seems like thereā€™s a lot of noise from the motor. Itā€™s negligible if youā€™re not riding it.

1 Like

Almost thereā€¦ almost

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had my Ather for around 8 weeks now and done 1200 km +. I noticed some scarring on my right hand thumb and was not able to figure out why, then it struck me. The instrument panel edges are really badly finished and when you use the accelerator, the finger probably rubs against the edge causing this.

Iā€™m making a conscious attempt to hold the accelerator towards the middle now

This is a known issue with the rough edges of the plastic from the instrument panel.
Previously an ather owner had a similar issue and Iā€™m not quite sure if the issue was resolved!
Better use a set of gloves while riding or use a sanding paper to mildly make the rough edges a little smoother!
Note: To be done on your own risk! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:
RGT

5 Likes

Ha haā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not. The design of the Point is super sensitive when it comes to grounding. I got the earthing done again just to make sure but that wasnā€™t the problem. Apparently, my entire area has this problem and BESCOM isnā€™t fixing it no matter how many times I contact them. @Ather.Team couldnā€™t help much either. I have parked this bike for almost a week now without using it. I have no clue what to do. @tarun ā€¦some help here is appreciated.

1 Like

Ashish, got an update from the team - we have a solution in mind. I think our team is already in touch with you. Should resolve soon.

14 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at this @tarun but Iā€™m still facing the issue. The solution I got is to add a stabilizer to the Point and check if it works (Iā€™m yet to try this). The way I see is that its clearly an issue with BESCOM, however, those people are blaming the design of the Point being very sensitive to grounding. Its highly unlikely that they will fix it in their end and Iā€™m not sure whom to reach out.

Really appreciate the effort from @Ather.Team though. Its very unfortunate at my end to face such complications from BESCOM. Missing all the fun riding this bike.

@Ather_Owner Guys, hereā€™s an update :slight_smile:

36 Likes

any change in kmā€™s

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good news! :+1:
The older vehicle warranty was 2yrs/30000kms.
Can we safely assume the new warranty to be 3yrs/45000kms ?

However I donā€™t know if anyone other than @Abhishek will cross so many kilometers within that period :wink:

14 Likes

Amazingā€™ and big thanksā€¦

Thank you, good to know that you have considered all Owners. Appreciate this

2 Likes