Ownership Experience

Favorite places can be added on the scooter’s dashboard, not in the App yet.
Side stand warning sensor is not present on the 450 in the current version AFAIK.
Headlights /dashboard combined consume less than 1% of the battery, according to @Ather.Team. So, even if you switch them off it wont increase the achievable range even by 1 km. (since the best estimated range so far seems to be about ~100kms at 100%)

5 Likes
  1. We have been working with Vodafone to improve the network on vehicles. You must see improvement on it after the update from yesterday.
  2. Overall the software has improved from the previous version. That should improve screen responsiveness.
3 Likes

Hey @foo7803, @mantena,

The feature is available from the dashboard currently. After selecting a location you can save it as a favorite. I will try to make a small demo today if I can. Please pardon the crude quality because I will shoot it on a phone.

3 Likes

Hey Rajesh,

Your progress (and hardwork) is not lost. Only temporarily, while the App has not caught up with the dashboard update, you are missing seeing the estimated/predicted range for your ride. Once the app update is rolled out, all your previous and current progress will reflect through the ride history section. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hemanth.anand is correct.
The portable charging cable is universal and is not paired to a vehicle.

As for the cable rental service, this seems like a good suggestion. Will have to explore this and see if we can do it.

I have a charging cable that you can borrow for the weekend for this. Always good to have a backup with you, in case a lot of your friends want to test out your vehicle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The connector is similar to the EU Type 2 connector, but it is not the same.

1. Our connector is smaller in size.
  2. Communication protocols and communication pins are also different. (4 vs 2 pins)
3 Likes

Is there any chance Ather is making/selling adapter?

1 Like

Thanks @samitbanerji

Favourites: This is available. I will make a video to show it. Feedback taken though, we should make it more intuitive :slightly_smiling_face:

Headlights:
The DRLs on the 450 are actually pilot lamps and do not qualify as DRLs. Hence, it is mandatory to keep the headlamps on. As for the energy consumption, at max(high beam) the power required id about 8W, so if they are kept on for around 4 hours, they will consume equivalent of a km worth of range.

Screen:
Dark mode and screen brightness reduction will come. Turning screen off completely will not be possible as the dash is the speedometer for the vehicle too.
However, just like the headlamp, the dash also consumes a minuscule amount of energy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started using ride mode , i see that there is an increase in pickup compare to Eco mode. In Eco mode, i achieved 91 Km (total 360 km). Now we not be able see those numbers :(.

1 Like

Thankyou, appreciate it. Don’t worry about the quality of the video.

1 Like

The estimated range numbers showing up on the dashboard/app in the ride/sport mode have been flat lined for all 450 users right now(50/55 in sport and 65 in ride mode). So every one will see the same numbers. And this number is the median range seen by all 450 owners, so it will change slowly depending on the riding behavior of every user.

From a future update however, personalized range estimations will again show up on the dashboard/app, once enough data has accumulated on an individual basis to make more accurate range predictions.

3 Likes

You will be :slight_smile:

Adding a favourite location on the dashboard

6 Likes

Thanks for the update and Shreyas

1 Like

Sad to be one of the first ones to report this, but My scooter fell last Saturday due to an idiotic mistake from me :man_facepalming:.
A friend met me near my home and he rode my scooter. After he rode it and parked it, we spoke for some time and he left. He had turned the handle to the right side. Because the handle was turned to the right side, it was looking nice. So, I took some photos in that place itself. Then, I went to the scooter from it’s right side and tried to lift the scooter to sit. Before I even realised, the scooter flew away from me and fell down. The motor was still on and without realising that, I had twisted the throttle a bit! :man_facepalming:
argh! I had not checked the engine kill switch. That gut wrenching feeling before you lift…really bad. When the scooter was lifted back, it was a sad sight, Left side panels had scratches all over. It was not a heavy fall but it was tarmac and not grassy ground. So it was limited to scratches. the side panels, the side stand and the rear grab rail had scratches! then I saw that the entire weight had fallen on the left brake lever and it was bent!

Although it was not a big damage and the vehicle was in perfect running condition, I can’t see any of my vehicle with scratches. I parked it in the parking lot, called the road side assistance and explained them about the mishap. It was a Saturday evening and hence the pick-up was scheduled for Monday. I was feeling terribly bad but felt a little better when I heard from them that mine was not the first such case. I informed Autovert too and they told me that after the Estimate from Ather, we can decide the further course of action.

Monday morning, the vehicle was picked up an hour before the scheduled time and it was taken to their IBC office near dairy circle. Later in the afternoon, I got an estimate of 4000 for replacement with new parts (3 LH panels, side stand, LH brake lever and the grab rail) and 500 labour. After thinking a bit, I took a call not to go for Insurance for such a minor damage. This meant that Autovert/Digit will not be involved. This was informed to Autovert.

Tuesday Morning, I called up to check the status and I was told that it’ll be delivered by 8PM the same day. the bill was generated and the payment link was sent. Exactly by the time I reached home, I vehicle reached home too. as good as new. The replaced parts were returned to me.

Lessons learnt (the hard way)

• As much as I love the silent motor, it has it’s disadvantages.
  • I must make it a habit ASAP to use the engine kill switch whenever I switch off (as instructed by Ather many tomes now).
  • It will be nice to have a side stand warning or some of poka yoke to avoid/avert vehicle movement when it is parked.

The whole thing was embarrassing, but from an optimistic point of view, I experienced the RSA and the servicing of Ather. I must say it was impressive. they were pretty fast and good. Hopefully it remains the same even after the number of Athers on road increase. Autovert were also following up in parallel which was nice to see.

9 Likes

Really Unfortunate, but the service part looks promising… Hope it remains same

2 Likes

Wow, would have never figured that out. Since its kinda hidden

1 Like

Shreyas, agree and understood on app update (in phone).

How about predicted range on dashboard? Does it need to start fresh now? I thought dashboard predicted range is from the day 1 till today based on energy burnt and distance covered.

3 Likes

It’d be better in the Ather app to have the ODO reading and the vehicle number in the ‘My 450’ section instead of the Profile section. Profile section for owner data and My 450 section for Vehicle data will make more sense IMO.

2 Likes