Ownership Experience

any chances that this is coming to existing 450 owners ?

Not in the works currently. Weā€™ll continue to work on reducing battery drain through software improvements in the 450, but the new BMS will not be compatible with the 450 battery packs.

I took delivery on 12.01.20. I had one time problem of switched off during running time. Then ather service team changed my lock and key. After that I donā€™t have any problem. Based on my experience ATHER 45O IS GOOD specially sports mode. Service team also very good. I am giving 5 :star2::sparkles::sparkles::star2::star2: based on completing of first month.

2 Likes

In a larger picture, I hope the number of vehicles which needs a potential fix is smallā€¦ Can this fix be fixed gradually?

1 Like

Will I get back pain if I have to ride ather daily for 1.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening? I have heard that normally in scooters we get back pain compared to bike. Does this happen in Ather ?

No Ather is having good suspension and grip ā€¦so you feel more comfortableā€¦ And seat cushion may have some improvement by Atherā€¦ really rear seat rider will feel more comfortable. For better comfort specified air pressure should be maintained in the front and back tyresā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s surprising that Ather installed a defective lock set in the recently delivered vehicle when the issue of shutting down had been identified to defective lock set sometime back itself. Hope Ather will be more careful about itā€¦mistakes canā€™t be repeated.

They are replacing only for those who are facing that problem, not for everyone.

Ignition key in Ather is not ordinary type (not passive). As this is new type, there is a problem which they have identified to motor off problem.

as I heard, eventually all will be replaced when it visits next service.

1 Like

In normal scooters, yes. Itā€™s due to unsprung mass under the seat. In regular ICE scooters, you have all the weight of the engine and the fuel tank under the seat, and when you go over a bump or a pothole, the unsprung mass comes back and jolts your back. Thatā€™s why the back pain is felt during long rides.

With the Ather 450 or 450X, the center of gravity is very low and thereā€™s very little weight under the seat, and hence longer rides would be more comfortable without any back pain.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better. ICE has always had the neck snapping issue due to weight drop. Atherā€™s seat may not be the best but it protects you from violent speed bumps. Also adding custom memory foam over existing seat for your convenience is always an option. Go ahead and make it one luxurious ride

1 Like

OT: Any recommendations on where they do memory foam cushioning for bikes in Bangalore?

even iā€™m searching one ā€¦ do let me know if you find any good one

A post was split to a new topic: Documents for registration

Hi @Ather.Team and @abhishek.balaji ! The issue hasnā€™t been resolved yetā€¦ What exactly is causing this problem, The App or the Scooter ?

Palce gutthalli vinayaka circle ā€¦

I saw one too. Looks good. And Mahindra are coming up with a charging grid and a solar roof for the 2.0 version https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/car-news/auto-expo-2020-mahindra-treo-2-0-electric-three-wheeler-unveiled-with-solar-roof-range-extender-and-more-range-top-speed-charge-battery/1864328/

Yesterday I went to Petrol Pump after a long time (to get petrol in a container for our scooty pep).

Many were starring at Ather curiosuly while I was in queueā€¦

One guy came and askedā€¦ this is battery vehicle right, can u fill petrol also? Is this hybrid? Couple of guys asked about mileage (range) and priceā€¦

Its a head-turner, even after > 1 year of launchā€¦ :slight_smile: Atherā€™s slow expansion helping us to be exclusive owners and show off for some more time :smiley:

12 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Service related issues

I have some followup questions to this.

1. How are you planning to roll out this fix?
  2. What happens to the ip rating of the battery pack when itā€™s opened?